NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Fort Myers, FL
As the Visiting, Bioengineering Assistant Professor you may teach at both undergraduate and graduate levels, as applicable; be involved in course and/or curriculum development; research/scholarship; participate on College and University committees and/or initiatives.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; produce peer reviewed scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and Community. Teaching assignments may be on the main campus or at off-campus sites within our region.
An earned Doctorate in Bioengineering or Biomedical Engineering or a closely related field of Engineering from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent accreditation.
ABD will be considered if degree is conferred by August 7, 2019. If successful candidate is ABD, appointment will be made at a Lecturer level on a fixed contract.
- All areas of expertise will be considered but preferred areas include Neural Engineering, Medical Devices (including Robotics), and/or Biomanufacturing.
- A rank-appropriate record of educational and/or scientific publication in scholarly journals and/or industrial experience pertinent to the areas of interest listed above is desirable.
- Successful candidates must be able to teach new and/or existing courses in bioengineering, as well as in selected general engineering topics.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Candidates should possess skills for working in a rapidly developing regional comprehensive university with a focus on creating a student learning environment among diverse academic disciplines.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diverse range of learners and to use information technology as a pedagogical and professional tool.
- Interest in collaborating both within and outside of the university in the development of an undergraduate research program and in innovative and effective delivery of instruction.
- A commitment to collaborate with other faculty to develop a shared vision of the future.
- Experience or commitment to the use of technology in distance learning & university teaching. Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning. Must value continued scholarship and service to the school and university