Fort Myers, FL
As the Visiting Physics, Instructor you will teach undergraduate courses at the introductory and advanced levels, as applicable; be involved in course and/or curriculum development; participate on College and University committees and/or initiatives.
Florida Gulf Coast University is a comprehensive university dedicated to quality education, research, and service. All faculty are expected to be excellent teachers, responsive to changing professional needs; committed to innovative delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning; committed to effective use of technology including distance learning; continue professional development/scholarship; and provide service to the College, University and Community.
- Master’s degree in Physics, Astronomy, or related discipline from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent accreditation.
- Demonstrated achievement or evidence of potential for excellent teaching in general physics.
- Must meet the University and College criteria for the appointment to the level of Instructor I.
- The department values interdisciplinary teaching experience as well as experience teaching at the general education level. Talent for delivering a difficult scientific subject in a creative and relevant manner to students in STEM fields is desirable.
- Collaborative and Collegial spirit and a willingness to serve at the department and college levels.
- Expertise in areas which complement existing departmental strengths would be especially welcome, as would interest and ability to make connections to other programs in the College of Arts and Sciences or the College of Engineering.
- Demonstrated willingness to engage in service opportunities commensurate with career maturity.
- Participation in professional development and scholarship is desirable.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Experience or commitment to the use of technology in distance learning & university teaching. Interest in collaborating both within and outside the University in the development and delivery of instruction resulting in improved student learning. Must value service to the school and university.