NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Salary Grade Senior Manager (Professor)
$117,395 to $137,133 for A/Prof. Upwards of $136,972 for Professor
Massey Executive Development
Massey Business School
Term length: fixed-term
Hours of work: full-time
For more than 80 years, Massey University has helped shape the lives and communities of people in New Zealand and around the world. Its forward-thinking spirit, research-led teaching, and cutting-edge discoveries make Massey New Zealand’s defining university.
Massey Business School has a proud history and the top New Zealand rankings in Business Administration and Finance in the 2019 Shanghai International university subject rankings. MBS is accredited by AACSB and AMBA, along with a number of discipline-specific endorsements, and is currently seeking EQUIS accreditation.
Massey Executive Development (MED) is one of six units within MBS, and focuses on postgraduate, post-experience professional programmes. We offer New Zealand’s longest running MBA programme (our Executive MBA) and the Master of Advanced Leadership Practice, along with executive short courses. We are now expanding, with a new MBA to be offered in two modes starting in October this year.
Learn more about us here… https://www.massey.ac.nz/massey/explore/professional-development/business/business_home.cfm
The Academic Director will take the lead in the development, management and delivery of MED’s academic portfolio of programmes, managing a team that includes programme directors and academic staff. He or she will also be part of the core leadership team in MED, setting strategic direction. Initially the appointment will be a three-year, fixed-term contract with the understanding that at the end of the period there is likely to be an ongoing academic appointment.
Key Accountabilities include:
• Strategy and Planning
• Academic Management and Quality
• Curriculum Management
• Rankings and Accreditation
• Staff Management
You’ll have a doctoral level degree from a recognised tertiary institution and will be appointable at either an Associate Professor/Professorial level. Standing with Advance HE would be a plus.
• Experience as a senior academic leader (essential)
• A track record of significant innovation in teaching and learning, and building teaching and learning capability in a university environment (essential).
• Experience with programme and course development (essential).
• Experience in the leadership of postgraduate, post-experience business education programmes (preferred).
• Significant experience working within a College with major accreditation (essential).
• Experience of leading AMBA accreditation and compliance (preferred)
• Expertise university regulations and processes and knowledge of academic management principles and systems (essential).
• Knowledge of University practices and processes (essential).
• Knowledge of student management and reporting systems, and course delivery interface such as Moodle or Stream (preferred).
You will be based at the University’s Auckland campus, located on the North Shore. Auckland is an international city with a population of over one million people. It is built around a stunning harbour with a bridge connecting the North Shore to the city centre. It is New Zealands largest urban area with a diverse multi-cultural population and world-class features and facilities. Massey Universitys Auckland campus, located at Albany, is part of the North Shore and is usually just a 20 minute drive from the centre of Auckland.
The campus is surrounded by a wide range of amenities, including numerous cafés, shopping centres, cinema complexes, art galleries, libraries, a performing arts facility, and extensive leisure and sport facilities including the North Harbour Sports Stadium. The North Shore city region covers 120km of coastline and includes more than 30 sandy swimming beaches. Part of the North Shores appeal is that it is just a short drive from the city lights and downtown lifestyle of central Auckland, yet it has a real community feel and beachside character.
Massey also offers:
• Up to 6.75% employer contribution to the UniSaver Superannuation Scheme
Five university holidays per year in addition to your annual leave
• Subsidised Southern Cross Healthcare plan for you and your
• Discounted membership to our fully equipped recreation centre and gym facilities
• Access to a wonderful on-Campus crèche/day care facilities for dependents of staff
• Comprehensive professional development and training programme
• University staff study provisions
We embrace diversity, talent and performance and provide staff and students with an extensive range of opportunities to develop intellectually, professionally and personally. We recognise the importance of being a Te-Tiriti-led organisation; and in 2017, Massey University took the bold step to be Tiriti-led. Our 2018-2022 Strategy positions the University as Role-modelling excellent practise as a Tiriti o Waitangi-led institute’.
For further information, or a confidential discussion, please contact Professor Ted Zorn, Head of Massey Executive Development; [email protected] or T +64(9) 414 0800 ext 43268
Applications close Wednesday, 9 October 2019, at 11:30 pm.Interviews will commence the week beginning 28 October 2019
Ready to apply now? Please ensure you have the following on hand:
• An up-to-date CV
• A cover letter
• Three referee contact details –Note -Referees will not be contacted until mutual interest has been established
To view/download the job description, please click on the file below