Posting Number: U220076
U niversity Affiliates
The Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Department of Family Medicine, is seeking a full-time faculty member to join the Division of Addiction Medicine.
UBMD Family Medicine physicians are responsible for maintaining an active clinical practice at an ambulatory clinic and/or at a designated hospital.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease or injury
- Order, perform and interpret tests and analyze records, reports and examination information to diagnose patients’ condition(s)
- Coordinate timely follow up of patient requests for services regarding prescription requests, referrals, diagnostic testing and appointments for sick visits
- Supervise nurse practitioner(s) and/or physician assistant(s), when applicable and required
About The University at Buffalo
The University at Buffalo (UB) #ubuffalo is one of America’s leading public research universities and a flagship of the State University of New York system, recognized for our excellence and our impact. UB is a premier, research-intensive public university dedicated to academic excellence. Our research, creative activity and people positively impact the world. Like the city we call home, UB is distinguished by a culture of resilient optimism, resourceful thinking and pragmatic dreaming that enables us to reach others every day. Visit our website to learn more about the University at Buffalo.
University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and, in keeping with our commitment, welcomes all to apply including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Active NYS medical license
- Valid DEA registration
- Board Certification in Family Medicine
- Active hospital staff privileges (where applicable)
- Enrollment in identified HMO’s, Medicaid and Medicare, as well as workers’ compensation (if applicable)
- Completion of graduate medical education program
- Completion of residency training program
- Completion of Addiction Medicine fellowship program, if applicable
- Experience as a physician in an outpatient clinical setting
Is a background check required for this posting?
Contact’s Name: Denise McGuigan
Contact’s Title: Associate Director for Medical Student Education/Assistant to the Chair
Contact’s Email: [email protected]
Contact’s Phone: 716-829-2922
Deadline for Applicants: Open Until Filled
Date to be filled: 11/15/2022
How to apply
Number of References Required
The University at Buffalo is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and in keeping with our commitment, encourages women, minorities, persons with disabilities and veterans to apply.