Proposed Minimum Salary
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANT:
During the application process you have one opportunity to upload documents as a combined PDF. The page “My Experience” has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload the file.
This one combined PDF must include:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts – If required for the position (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required at time of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered. Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
The Department of Accounting & Finance in the College of Business at Texas A&M University-Commerce is seeking faculty for a 9-month, temporary non-tenured track position as an Ad-Interim Instructor in Finance. This position will begin Fall 2020 and is non-renewable. Summer opportunities may be available subject to department needs. For best consideration, applications should be received by July 22, 2020. A review of the candidates will begin at that time. Faculty at Texas A & M University-Commerce are required to conduct scholarly activities, work cooperatively with others, and contribute service to their discipline, the university, and the community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach undergraduate, masters or doctoral level courses in investments, derivatives, and other courses as assigned by the department head, based on the needs of the department;
- Design, implement, and publish research;
- Advise students;
- Prepare syllabi;
- Update course materials;
- Develop curriculum;
- Deliver instruction both online and on any of the university campuses. Instructional duties may include teaching during the day, in the evening, or on Saturday.
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement departmental programs;
- Provide service to the department, college, university and public schools, and community; and
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of current trends in learning with research, best practices in teaching, and technological applications in the classroom, including online teaching.
- Education: Earned Doctorate in Finance or Economics from an accredited institution.
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Experience must include teaching classes that include content in investments and derivative securities. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals. Good written and oral communication skills. Commitment to high quality teaching. Dedication to high standards and student success.
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: N/A
- Physical Requirements: N/A
- Other Requirements: N/A
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- University level teaching experience. Online teaching experience.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
How to apply
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.