Carson-Newman University is a Christian, liberal arts-based University built upon the Lordship of Jesus Christ as evidenced historically and revealed in the Scriptures.
Carson-Newman University’s College of Professional Studies is in the process of recruiting a pool of adjunct faculty to teach one or more of our 7.5 week courses. Submitting the materials listed below, if qualified would place you into that adjunct pool to be called on if/when needed.
Adjunct faculty provide instruction in an online and distance learning format. They will utilize the best practices in online pedagogy and best tools in communication and educational technology to provide the Carson-Newman online learning experience in their discipline. They help student reach their full potential and equip them for meaningful careers and thriving lives.
This adjunct faculty position teaches Entrepreneurship (MGT-410), primarily in an online format.
Adjunct faculty leverage their expertise to deliver exceptional learning experiences to students by:
- Reviewing and preparing course materials prior to term start date
- Equipping students with the required knowledge, skills, and abilities by meeting all designated course instruction guidelines
- Promoting learning interactions through engaging in proactive communication, responding to student inquires, monitoring class interactions, and holding weekly virtual office hours
- Assessing student performance and providing timely and specific feedback
- Advising and preparing students to fulfill their full potential, equipping them for meaningful careers and thriving lives
- Providing a positive Christian example to students by supporting Carson-Newman University’s mission and doctrinal statement.
Supervisory Responsibilities: No
- Master’s degree with 18 hours in the field of study (Ph.D. or other doctoral degree preferred)
- Demonstrated Christian commitment with the ability to integrate a Christian vision and perspective within the field of study
- Demonstrated teaching excellence
- Relevant professional experience
- Previous teaching experience at the undergraduate and/or graduate level preferred.
- Excellent computer and technology skills (strong skills with LMS and other instructional technology preferred)
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Use the computer for periods of time
- Sit at a desk for periods of time
General Information: This description is designed to describe the general nature of the job and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, and duties. It is the responsibility of the supervisor for this position to formally outline in writing any performance expectations including specific duties for which the employee assigned to this position will be held accountable in terms of performance evaluation.
Employee Expectations: The University expects all employees to conduct themselves in a manner that is appropriate for a Christian institution and to be worthy examples in moral conduct and behavior for the students of the University and fellow employees.