The Adjunct Faculty member will be responsible for teaching courses in the Population-Based Care Coordination Concentration of the graduate nursing program. This may include on-line or hybrid courses, and may include clinical or laboratory experiences depending on the course. Student advising as it relates to the course being taught is also part of the role.
Department: School of Nursing & Health Professions: Graduate Nursing
Masters degree in nursing plus previous teaching experience in nursing in an academic/healthcare setting and/or experience in Population-Based Care. Licensure as a registered nurse in the state of Maryland required. Doctorate degree or DNP strongly preferred.
- Work experience in case management, population health, care coordination, or related position.
- Content knowledge in health literacy, cultural competency, transition theory, healthcare regulations and standards, and/or population health
- Excellent communication skills in writing and speaking
- Ability to work well with others
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching and service-oriented approach
- Courses require strong technology and organizational skills and experience working with BlackBoard or a similar platform
Position requires sitting at the computer or standing for long periods of time.
Position may require the ability to speak clearly and effectively for an extended period of time.
Position requires additional hours for meeting and events, including evening; some weekend meetings may be required
Teaching responsibilities include time spent in the classroom, laboratory, or online in courses and in immediate preparation for them; maintaining and improving competence in subjects being taught; preparing teaching materials; conferring with students on course materials; directing individual and group studies and practica; reviewing written or online examinations and papers; evaluating presentations; and supervising independent study projects.
Note that online and hybrid courses use the BlackBoard Course Management System.
Professional peer review is an essential feature of effective teaching.
Engage in instructional activity totaling no more than 1,000 contact hours per academic year.
As part of Instructional Activity load:
- Prepare courses in accordance with published faculty workload guidelines and departmental requirements,
- Prepare and distribute course syllabi according to university and departmental requirements,
- Grade all assignments, quizzes, projects, and/or exams as described in the course syllabi,
- Meet with students (in person or virtual) as related to instructional activity,
- Evaluate, update, and revise courses regularly,
- Participate in the assessment activities of the Department, Division, and University as directed.
- Administrative responsibilities include writing syllabi, grading course work, submitting final grades.
- Professional Development Workshops are offered up to three times per year, usually on either Saturday mornings or in the evening.
- Student advising includes time spent meeting or online with students regarding academic, curricular and career matters.
- University service includes service on the Faculty Council, School and departmental committees
- Professional service implies the use of academic and professional expertise to serve your profession, the community, and the University.
- Collegiality, as well as professional and ethical conduct, enhances teaching, learning and the general reputation of all persons in the academy. Therefore, all faculty members are expected to serve in a collegial fashion and in accordance with professional and ethical principles when dealing with other faculty members, students, administrators, and members of the public.
- Every faculty member is guaranteed academic freedom in accordance with the statement on academic freedom and responsibilities of faculty members, as in the policy manuals.
Reports To: Associate Dean, GPS Nursing
Work Location: Other
Position Category: Faculty
Hrs/Week: varies depending on number of courses scheduled to teach
Open Until Filled: Yes
How to apply
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stevenson.peopleadmin.com
EOE/AA Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability