Adjunct Faculty for Graphic Design is needed to teach the following course: ART 467 – Art of Web Design II
ART 467 – ART OF WEB DESIGN II
The intent of this course is to provide an experience that integrates the design aesthetics learned in the Art of Web Design I, with a deeper exploration of coding techniques. Current industry standard software products and end-to-end website construction will be covered. This course will emphasize design principles, Responsive Web Design, navigation, and the visual interface of the website. Prerequisite: ART 367.
The applicant must have at least an MFA with practical Web Design and Development experience and be willing to teach In-person but understands that they might be asked to also teach this course remotely, if necessary.
- Deliver classroom material in a clear and effective manner
- Create a unified comprehensive syllabi
- Create, administer and evaluate exams, papers and/or projects
- One office hour per week required to help and address student questions and/or issues
- Master’s degree: MFA Graphic Design, Web Design, UX/UI required.
- Less than 1 year of work related experience required.
- Working knowledge of concepts, practices and procedures and ability to use in varied situations required.
- Performance experience required.
- Must be able to create a unified, comprehensive syllabus with major topics, quizzes, due dates and exams, etc.
- Must be able to deliver classroom material (lecture, discussion, small group study, etc.) in a clear and effective manor in a way that students are able to grasp and comprehend.
- Ability to create, administer and evaluate exams, papers and/or projects.
Benefits: Barry University offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time employees that includes health, dental, vision, life insurance, retirement, tuition assistance, paid time off and work/life balance initiatives such as wellness programs, spirituality in the workplace, and training and development.
Barry University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
How to apply
The employment process will consist of the completion of an application, background and reference checks, interviews, and skill assessment testing where applicable.