Department: COMM & THEATRE ARTS
Position Number: Adjunct instructors
The Department of Communication & Theatre Arts at Old Dominion University seeks highly qualified applicants for adjunct instructor positions in media studies beginning Fall 2021. We are seeking instructors both for on-campus and online opportunities. Online instructors need not be local.
Minimum Qualifications – knowledge, skills, and abilities
Successful applicants will have experience teaching undergraduate courses related to digital culture, television studies, media industries and audiences and/or cultural studies. Other courses may also be available.
Minimum Qualifications – Education or training
Minimum academic credentials are an earned Master’s degree in Communication or a related field such as Media Studies and evidence of competence to teach courses related to media.
Preference will be given to applicants with:
- Experience teaching
- An earned PhD
Application Review Date: 04/28/2021
How to apply
Applicants should apply at https://jobs.odu.edu/postings/13383
- A letter of application/cover letter indicating interest in the position;
- A resume and/or curriculum vitae;
- A statement of teaching philosophy;
- A statement indicating your commitment to diversity in your pedagogy;
- Unofficial graduate transcripts,
- Contact information for three professional references (recommendations will be requested from references by the system)
Review of applications will begin immediately.
Telework Friendly: Yes