The primary responsibility of all faculty of the University is the scholarly teaching of students in the courses and sections that are assigned.
- Teaching courses fall and spring semesters in ethics and introductory philosophy in a classroom setting
- Assisting and supporting students beyond the classroom by holding regular or virtual office hours
- Working collegially with other faculty in the area to develop and use common syllabi, course materials, and assessment methods
- Using instructional technology, especially the Canvas LMS, Husson G-Suite applications, the efaculty portal, and Examplify
- Assessing and reporting student performance
- Attending and participating in faculty meetings, retreats, and trainings as needed.
- Following the policies and procedures set forth the Husson University Faculty Handbook and other institutional documents
Note: This position is for on-campus instruction.
Education: Master’s Degree in Philosophy, Ethics, or closely related field; Ph.D. preferred.
Experience: Evidence of effective teaching in philosophy. Demonstrated dedication to improving classroom teaching, exploring new methods, and adapting to student needs. Demonstrated ability to work well as a part of a team.