Department Of Computer Science
Proposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, Texas
This part-time non-tenure track position within the will teach up to two courses for Spring 2022.
- Teach Computer Science courses as assigned.
- Gathering and reporting of assessment data and results.
- Office hours and other meetings to ensure proper engagement with students and the program.
Required Education & Experience:
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or other related fields.
- Minimum of one year teaching experience in higher education.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to use virtual technology and related software to support online teaching.
Job Posting Close Date:
How to apply
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Cover Letter
Application Submission Guidelines:
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above “Required Attachments” section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or [email protected] should you need assistance with the online application process.
Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.