Job ID: 58334
College/School: College of Computing and Digital Media
The Institute for Professional Development is a unit of the College of Computing and Digital Media that offers certificate programs geared towards professionals in the IT field who wish to update their skills. Although they can be of any start date/length appropriate to the course content, programs are offered on the quarter system (fall, winter, spring, and summer) and range in length from two to 11 weeks. Some programs are team taught. Part-time teaching opportunities consist of shorter commitments (for example, covering two or three lectures on a special topic) to larger commitments similar to teaching a regular university course.
Responsibilities include planning, developing and using a variety of teaching methods and materials to assist students in meeting course objectives; evaluating student progress; and, demonstrating competence in use of technology in the classroom. Applicants with expertise that matches current scheduling needs will be contacted for an interview. Academic course schedules fluctuate from quarter to quarter and the department will work with selected individuals to determine a quarterly schedule. Assignments are not guaranteed; however, the department does its best to give ample notice about available opportunities and potential course cancellations. To see current certificate program offerings, visit ipd.cdm.depaul.edu
- Minimum requirements include a master’s degree in the discipline, or 18 semester/27 quarter hours of graduate work in the discipline, or an undergraduate degree with a minimum of five years demonstrated relevant professional experience. Exceptions may be considered with approval of the dean.
- SAP-specific requirements: two years of experience working with SAP ERP modules such as SAP FICO, SAP Logistics with Materials Management, SAP Human Capital Management, SAP Sales & Distribution or Business Process Management using SAP Systems; current certification in TS410.
- Preferred qualifications: at least two semesters/quarters teaching at the college level; or, equivalent length of time training corporate clients or at commercial training center.
- The candidate must have demonstrated experience in working in teaching in a diverse learning environment.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
DePaul is a member of SAP’s University Alliance and we are seeking instructors qualified to teach SAP certification courses.
This post applies to:
- Enterprise Resource Planning