Posting Number: req13812
Location: Main Campus
Address: 1130 E Helen St #320, Tucson, AZ 85721 USA
The Marketing Department at the Eller College of Management is seeking applicants for an Adjunct Lecturer position for Fall 2023. The primary duty is to teach undergraduate-level sales-related classes. Some examples are MKTG 457
(Advanced Sales Topics), MKTG 428 (Sales Communication), and MKTG 454
(Management of Sales Operations). The successful candidate may also advise (or co-advise) the Eller Professional Sales Club and be invited to teach additional courses depending on qualifications and departmental needs.The Department of Marketing is one of six academic units in the Eller College of Management offering undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral programs. It is internationally recognized for pioneering research, innovative curriculum, and outstanding teaching and advising. As we work toward our mission to discover and share new knowledge that shapes the future of business and to educate the next generation of responsible citizens, we recognize the value of diversity and inclusion. We invite all qualified individuals to apply and join us in achieving greater success.
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative
work-life programs. For more information about working at the
University of Arizona and relocations services, please click
Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach MKTG 457: Advanced Sales Topics.
- Prepare class syllabus and needed teaching materials and deliver lectures successfully.
- Develop and grade assignments; conduct/grade exams.
- Be available to students for advising on course materials and related issues.
- Participate in the department’s sales-related activities, such as events and certificate programs.
- Terminal degree in related discipline (i.e., Marketing, Sales, Business Administration, Communication, etc.) OR
- Master’s degree in related discipline OR
- Undergraduate degree in marketing, communication, or related disciplines with a minimum of 5 years of industry experience related to sales.
- Must be available to teach in-person at the University of Arizona in Tucson, Arizona.
- Graduate degree in Marketing.
- Relevant experience working in a corporate setting.
- Previous experience teaching university-level marketing courses.
- 10 years of significant professional experience related to the sales field.
Full Time/Part Time: Part Time
Number of Hours Worked per Week: 10-12
Job FTE: 0.20
Work Calendar: Academic
Job Category: Faculty
Benefits Eligible: No Benefits
Rate of Pay: $65,000 – $80,000
Compensation Type: salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)
Type of criminal background check required: Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Contact Information for Candidates
Open Until Filled: Yes
How to apply
Documents Needed to Apply: Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter
Applications must be submitted through talent.arizona.edu.Please include most recent 3 academic years worth of teaching evaluations (including student comments) as the additional document with the cover letter & Curriculum Vitae (CV).
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As a Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.
The University of Arizona is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.