Assistant/Associate Dean, School of Business
Dean’s Office, School of Business
School Of Business
Primary Job Posting Location:
Atlanta, GA 30341
Additional Job Posting Locations:
(Other locations that this position could be based)
The Assistant/Associate Dean is the key management leader for the Atlanta, Georgia campus of the School of Business.
The Assistant/Associate Dean, under the supervision of the Dean of the School of Business, serves in a pivotal role in helping to achieve the college’s strategic goals to enhance the student experience and success at Mercer University.
This position is tenure-track optional and rank will be determined based on the credentials of the selected candidate.
- Assist the Dean with preparing and revising academic programs and/or plans while promoting and serving as a model for teaching achievement and professional service
- Work with Enrollment Management to develop and implement recruitment, retention and student success strategies for undergraduate, graduate and distance learning students for the School of Business
- Collaborate with the Career Service and Professional Development to ascertain strategies for career success, especially developing a professional development program
- Oversee the advising office
- Participate and collaborate in University initiatives to integrate them within the college
- Manage and build partnerships with community colleges including developing seamless pathways and programming for student success
- Work with international recruitment office to develop and maintain international student pathways for programs
- Manage unit budget and personnel
- Serve on college and university committees
- Assist the Dean in special projects
- Track, develop and implement a marketing and outreach plan that encourages students to become actively involved and contribute significantly to recruitment, retention and progression of students to/in the School of Business
- Create a sustainable plan to keep School of Business alumni engaged with their alma mater
- Assist with the preparation and revision of academic program plans for the School of Business
- Assist with the development and implementation of academic goals for college achievement and also maintain high standards in academics and teaching processes
- Responsible for the administration and efficient conduct of the educational program of the college and for integrating the plans of the college with those of the university
- Initiate academic integrity and quality education in the college or school by articulating university policy and procedure to members of the school
- Responsible for maintaining effective communication between students and faculty within the school or college and with other academic personnel
- Act as a liaison between the students and the administration and between the faculty and the administration
- May be responsible for hiring faculty members, evaluating college administrators and staff, fundraising, budgeting, and setting academic rules and policies
- May provide direct and/or indirect supervision to exempt and non-exempt staff (i.e., hiring/firing, performance evaluations, disciplinary action, approve time off, etc.)
- Perform related duties based on departmental need
- Terminal Degree in a related field from an accredited college/university is required.
- Five years of related administrative experience.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Outstanding leadership skills, the ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing, excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, leaders, and staff at all levels, and the ability to work independently.
- Proven success working with students, administrators and faculty.
- Demonstrated experience in working with diverse populations of university students.
- Experience with professional personnel and budget management.
- Professional demeanor and excellent communication skills.
- Experience and discretion in dealing with confidential and sensitive information.
Selection of the final candidate is contingent on successful background check.
Required Document Attachments:
Candidates should complete the brief online application and attach a current CV, Cover Letter, and a list of at least three professional references with contact information.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Executive and Senior Managers
Mercer University recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
Why Work at Mercer
At Mercer University, a Bear is more than a mascot: it’s a frame of mind that begins with a strong desire to make the most out of your career. Mercer Bears do not settle for mediocrity or the status quo. If you’re seeking an environment where your passion and determination are embraced, then you want to work at Mercer University.
Mercer University offers a variety of benefits for eligible employees including comprehensive health insurance (for self and dependents), generous retirement contributions, tuition waivers, paid time off, technology discounts and so much more! For more information, please visit: https://hr.mercer.edu/prospective/
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The University will ensure equal opportunity for applicants and employees in all of its policies and practices, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, compensation, benefits, layoff and recall policies, University-sponsored training programs, education, tuition assistance, and social and recreational programs. Persons needing reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the application process or for other questions regarding employment at Mercer University, please contact Human Resources.
How to apply
External Applicants: Please upload your resume here. Your application will automatically populate your resume details, and you may verify and update data on the My Information page.
IMPORTANT: Please review the job posting and load ALL documents required in the job posting to the Resume/CV document upload section at the bottom of the My Experience application page. Use the Select Files button to add multiple documents including your Resume/CV, references, cover letter, and any other supporting documents required in the job posting. The “My Experience” page is the only opportunity to add your required supporting document attachments. You will not be able to modify your application after you submit it.
Current Mercer University Employees: Apply from your existing Workday account. Do not apply from the external careers website. Log in to Workday and type Find Jobs in the search bar. Locate the position and click Apply.
If you apply for this position or indicate an interest advise the HR person you saw this advertisements on jobs.world.edu