NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Herschel H. Hobbs School of Theology and Ministry of Oklahoma Baptist University invites applicants for the tenure track position of Assistant or Associate Professor of Biblical and Theological Studies, with emphasis in systematic theology and related fields.
The Herschel H. Hobbs School of Theology and Ministry prepares students both spiritually and intellectually through a rigorous curriculum of Biblical and Theological Studies, Philosophy, and Christian and Cross-Cultural Ministry, all within the context of Oklahoma Baptist University’s liberal arts curriculum.
- Teach introductory and upper level Bible and theology courses
- Serve as academic advisor to students as assigned
- Participate in recruitment activities of the Herschel H. Hobbs School of Theology and Ministry; collaborate with the Chair and Dean in all recruitment and retention activities
- Serve on University committees as assigned
- Provide departmental duties as assigned
- Work collaboratively with colleagues, and activate professional networks to provide students with guided, real-world opportunities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively
- Possess and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Possess and demonstrate strong pedagogy
- Able to assess student ability and adjust teaching as appropriate
- Able to advise students
- Able to relate to colleagues in the OBU community and serve as a representative to the professional community beyond OBU
- Proficient with personal computing software and hardware
- Proficient with classroom audio/visual equipment
- Able to travel locally, regionally, and nationally
- Possess the mobility and stamina required to walk about campus to visit various offices
- Able to transport moderately heavy items to offices and classrooms
- Ph.D. in Systematic Theology or related field
Special Requirement: Active membership in a local Southern Baptist church