Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Location: Main Campus – Portales, NM
Job Type: Full time permanent
Department: Academic Affairs
Job Number: 2023-00036
The College of Education and Technology seeks a qualified individual as assistant or associate professor of curriculum and instruction in the Department of Curriculum and Instruction. Experience in elementary science and mathematics methodology preferred. Responsibilities include a 12-hour undergraduate/graduate teaching load per semester (face-to-face, synchronous, online and/or via lecture capture), active participation in programmatic assessment, student advising, completion of scholarly endeavors, and service to the university and the profession. Appointment will be at a rank commensurate with academic training and experience. This is a residential appointment and campus presence is expected.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively teach undergraduate/graduate courses in various formats, such face-to-face, synchronous web, lecture capture, and/or online.
- Develop and revise appropriate content for courses to meet expectations of various accrediting bodies and stakeholders.
- Successfully establish and maintain relationships with agencies for field placements and work collaboratively and collegially with the Teacher Education Office and other faculty as appropriate to establish placements and placement protocols.
- Promptly report, use, analyze, and synthesize data for planning with program and department faculty.
- Maintain regular office hours to advise and assist students in a professional manner.
- Attend departmental, college, and university faculty meetings and any external meetings as required.
- Maintain engagement in scholarly works within the field of education that include but is not limited to publications, presentations, and/o the pursuit of external funding.
- Provide appropriate service to the profession and University.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- An earned doctorate degree in curriculum and instruction or closely related field preferred (ABD considered);
- Experience in elementary science and mathematics content and methods will be given preference.
- A minimum three years of K8 teaching experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate ability to assume leadership roles within the program, department, and college.
- Prior experience and evident success in developing and teaching online courses utilizing various online learning platforms. Alternatively, demonstrated ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Flexibility in ability and willingness to teach across departments and disciplines.
- Effective communication and collaboration skills to facilitate working effectively with students, other faculty, alumni, professional groups, and agencies.
Physical Demand and Working Conditions:
- Work is sedentary in nature that at times requires exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Essential Functions: As defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, these include the aforementioned responsibilities, minimum job knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is not necessarily an all-inclusive listing.
Date Available: Open Until Filled
Condition of Employment: Must pass a pre-employment background check.
How to apply
Electronic applications should be submitted here. Please attach the following required documents to your electronic application:
Letter of interest
Contact information for three references (Blind reference call will be made on applicants who become finalist for the position)
Transcripts (unofficial for application purposes)
ENMU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer. Eastern New Mexico University is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other protected status in its programs, activities, or employment. People seeking additional information about the University’s non-discrimination policy should contact the Affirmative Action Officer at (575) 562-2218. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the office of human resources at (575) 562-2115. The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs, activities, employment and admission, and the University is required by Title IX and 34 C.F.R. Part 106 not to discriminate in such a manner. For more information regarding Title IX please click https://www.enmu.edu/about/public-documents/title-ix/coordinator . New Mexico is an open records state, therefore ENMU complies with the Inspection of Public Records Act, NMSA 1978, Chapter 14, Article 2, from the Office of the New Mexico Attorney General. Requests for records should be sent to [email protected] . For any other inquires please contact Human Resources at (575) 562-2115 or e-mail [email protected]