NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Reporting Relationship: Chair, Division of Leadership & Followership Studies
Unit: National & Global
Department: CAPS-Leadership & Followership Studies
Campus Location: Online/Remote
Summary of Position: The DeVoe School of Business, Technology, & Leadership is seeking an accomplished individual to join the faculty in our Division of Leadership & Followership Studies. The selected candidate will provide thought leadership that positively influences the quality and relevance of program offerings in organizational leadership, both current and under development. They will make substantial contributions that will increase the visibility of IWU’s leadership degrees and integrate new technologies for teaching and learning via on-campus, online, and blended modalities, including research related to IWU initiatives in collaboration with the Chancellor’s office, the School, and the Division. In addition to this highly collaborative work, he or she is expected to be a leader across the university and within the broader academic and professional communities to embrace the university’s Christian mission. The position is a full time Assistant/Associate Professor, 12-month per year appointment. It is a distance faculty position, but the selected candidate will be required to come to campus in Marion, Indiana, multiple times per year. Some of the teaching assignments will have an onsite, face-to-face classroom component.Duties and Responsibilities
- Integrate Christian faith with learning for all subjects taught and all activities conducted as faculty
- Teach assigned courses
- Courses are taught online and onsite
- Teach at the annual PhD Summer Residency
- Attend other required activities in Marion or at other IWU Regional Educational Centers approximately three times per year
- Be the subject matter expert and lead faculty for a set of courses in the PhD program and Division
- This includes periodic syllabus and Learning Management System updates to keep material current as well as resolving any emergent issues when those courses are taught
- Courses for which the faculty may be subject matter expert include undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral courses in the organizational leadership discipline
- Demonstrate expertise in either qualitative or quantitative research methodology with qualifications to teach research methods and coach dissertation students in the method of expertise
- Perform program-related administrative tasks such as student applicant reviews, program evaluations, dissertation, research, and comprehensive exams
- Have an active research and publication agenda
- Participate in
- faculty development sessions
- university faculty meetings
- university and committee assignments
Qualifications: According to Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
- An earned doctorate in leadership or a closely related field
- Significant leadership experience, measured by both length of service and level of responsibility
- A record of effective teaching at the graduate level
- Knowledge and experience in a wide variety of global leadership contexts is preferred
- An active scholarship agenda that includes research, publications, presentations, and service
- Proficiency with multiple research methods and ability to teach doctoral-level research
- The ability to serve immediately on dissertation committees and demonstrated potential for advising future doctoral students in the capacity of dissertation committee chair
- Knowledge of online course and student assessment technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
IWU commits to create a community that reflects kingdom diversity. We will foster an intentional environment that exhibits honor, respect, and dignity. Acknowledging visible or invisible differences, our community authentically values each member’s earthly and eternal worth. We refute ignorance and isolation and embrace deliberate and courageous engagement.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Indiana Wesleyan University is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, national or ethnic origin, disability, age, veteran status, or any other status protected by law, in the administration of its educational policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other administered programs, and all phases of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, treatment during employment, rates of pay or other compensation, and termination of employment. As an equal opportunity employer, Indiana Wesleyan University is committed to compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972 and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 or other federal, state, or local laws or executive orders except as claimed in a filed religious exemption. Indiana Wesleyan University affirms its position as a Christian University of the liberal arts and asserts its rights to employ persons who subscribe to the intent, mission, and doctrinal position stated in the university catalog. The President, the Administrative Officers, and all persons who have hiring authority will maintain and implement personnel policies and practices to assure that affirmative action/equal opportunity is being actively implemented and that no employee or applicant for employment or promotion shall suffer any form of discrimination. Indiana Wesleyan University will take appropriate steps to provide reasonable accommodations upon request to qualified individuals with disabilities so long as doing so does not cause Indiana Wesleyan University an undue hardship
How to apply
If you apply for this position or indicate an interest advise the HR person you saw this advertisements on jobs.world.edu