NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Department: DeBusk Vet Teaching Center
Position Category: Faculty
The Assistant/Associate Professor of Veterinary Medicine will assist with teaching in pre-clinical and clinical courses. Specifically, this individual will provide instruction primarily in the Clinical Skills program and will also help when needed in the DeBusk Veterinary Teaching Center senior year rotation. The individual is expected to work with multiple species and perform other teaching duties as needed to support the overall veterinary curriculum.
o DVM or VMD from AVMA accredited college in good professional standing o 3 years clinical experience
o Ability to work with both large and small animals o MS, PhD, and/or other specialty board certification
Posting Number: F00828P
Job Close Date: 07/31/2023
Open Until Filled: No
About the Institution
Lincoln Memorial University is a values-based learning community dedicated to providing educational experiences in the liberal arts and professional studies. The main campus is located in Harrogate, Tennessee. For more information about employment opportunities, contact the Office of Human Resources at 423-869-7112 or [email protected].
Lincoln Memorial University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action education institution. Lincoln Memorial University prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in all University programs and activities.
Background Check Statement
The University will conduct criminal background checks on all employees. Background checks may include but are not limited to confirmation of the individual’s identity, credit information, motor vehicle driving record, review of an individual’s criminal conviction record (if any), verification of any license, and certificate or degree required for the position.
- . Promote the mission of Lincoln Memorial University.
- . Foster effective working relationships among faculty, staff, and students.
- . Maintain intellectual integrity and to strive for academic excellence in teaching.
- . Carry out lecture, seminar, small group discussion and/or clinical assignments and responsibilities effectively.
- . Prepare examination questions, lecture objectives, course objectives and other metrics related to curricular requirements.
- . Meet classes according to published schedule.
- . Commit to working in a multicultural environment that fosters diversity.
- . Promote by precept and example a general atmosphere within the CVM of respect for knowledge, thought and inquiry.
- . Involvement in graduate training/research programs of the College.
- . Provide service by attending scheduled faculty meetings and by serving on appointed and/or elected committees as required.
- . Provide instruction in clinical skills laboratories.
- . Assist in preparing students for general practice after graduation.
- . Perform other duties as assigned.
How to apply
LMU’s hiring policies are in accordance with EEO regulations and policies. LMU is committed to diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Women and minorities are strongly encouraged to apply.