Proposed Minimum Salary
Corpus Christi, Texas
WHAT WE BELIEVE
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is a premier institution of higher education, dedicated to providing an unparalleled commitment to student success, developing professionals and engaged leaders, closing achievement gaps as a Hispanic and Minority Serving Institution, and providing intellectual capital through research, creative activity, and innovation for South Texas, the Gulf of Mexico, and beyond.
WHO WE ARE
The University Counseling Center, within the Division of Student Engagement & Success, provides a variety of services and resources that are designed to foster social, emotional, and personal development; encourage life-long learning; and help students identify and fulfill their personal and academic goals. We are committed to providing culturally sensitive services in a safe and inclusive environment for all students. We also prioritize supporting our staff by offering weekly wellness time, professional development opportunities, and encouraging personal self-care.
Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is a rapidly growing institution with approximately 11,000 students. The beautiful sub-tropical campus is located on a 240 acre island just minutes from downtown Corpus Christi. The South Texas Gulf coast is a hidden treasure with warm water, beaches, and an affordable cost of living. For more information about the University or the Counseling Center, please visit http://www.tamucc.edu
WHAT WE WANT
The University Counseling Center (UCC) at Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi is seeking a team oriented, experienced generalist with strong clinical, organizational and supervisory skills to serve as Assistant Director. This person must be professional, enjoy working in a high-volume, inclusive, and collaborative environment, and have a commitment to facilitating the personal and educational goals of a multicultural student population. If this is you, we invite you to apply to become a member of our team.
Job Summary: The Assistant Director position will assist the UCC leadership team with administrative tasks and strategic planning, will supervise front office support staff, and will provide consultation and guidance to clinical staff regarding clinical dilemmas and crises in the absence of the UCC Director and Associate Director. The Assistant Director is also responsible for providing multiculturally competent psychological treatment and crisis intervention to Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi students, consultation and outreach services to the Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi community. This is a full time, 12 month position, reporting to the Director, and includes shared back-up on-call responsibilities with the leadership team for the contracted on-call service (Protocall) for a variety of urgent and emergency situations.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Master’s degree in counseling or psychology field.
- Licensed as a Psychologist or LPC or LMFT or LCSW in the state of Texas.
- Minimum of six (6) years of professional post-masters counseling experience in a college counseling or outpatient counseling setting.
- Additional education may be used as a substitute for the minimum experience requirement:
- Doctoral degree in related field and four (4) years of related experience.
- Demonstrated competency in providing short-term counseling, crisis intervention, and triage services to adolescents or young adults in an outpatient clinical setting
- Demonstrated awareness and sensitivity to the needs of individuals from a variety of backgrounds and demonstrated commitment to facilitating the personal and educational goals of a multicultural population.
- Experience in assessment and intervention of individuals with a range of disorders and serious mental health concerns, including trauma and life-threatening crises.
- Experience supervising staff.
- Demonstrated commitment to working collaboratively in a culturally diverse environment and fostering an inclusive and respectful work environment.
- Demonstrated program coordination skills.
- Demonstrated experience with budget administration, strategic planning, or program evaluation.
- Able to assist with back-up on-call rotation for contracted on-call service (Protocall) as needed (occasional nights and weekends).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and high level of professionalism and professional ethics.
- Knowledge and experience with Electronic Medical Records systems and telemental health platforms.
WHAT THEY WOULD LIKE TO SEE
- Licensed as an LPC-S (Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor) in Texas and/or specialized training in clinical supervision
- Experience as professional staff member in a college or university counseling center.
- Experience providing clinical supervision to master’s level counseling and/or psychology trainees utilizing a multiculturally competent approach.
- $6,000 – $6,500 monthly ($72,000 – $78,000 annual)
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
How to apply
To apply, visit
Apply for this Job