NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Assistant Professional Track or Tenure-Track – Counseling
Texas A&M University – Commerce
Proposed Minimum Salary
The Department of Counseling is seeking faculty members for a 9 month tenure-track Assistant Professor or a 9 month non-tenure-track Assistant Professional position with responsibilities in teaching, research and service to the university and community.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach undergraduate, masters, and/or doctoral level courses in Counseling and college student affairs;
- Advise students;
- Prepare syllabi, update course materials and develop curriculum;
- Deliver instruction both online and face-to-face on any of the university campuses.
- Work collaboratively with faculty and staff to implement departmental programs;
- Provide service to the department, college, university, and community;
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of current trends and best practices in teaching, and technological applications in the classroom, including online teaching.
- Education: Doctorate in Counseling or Counselor Education or Doctorate in College Student Affairs/Higher Education
- Experience / Knowledge / Skills: Work experience in College/University counseling and student affairs. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a team of professionals. Good written and oral communication skills. Commitment to high quality teaching. Dedication to high standards and student success
- Ability to: Multi-task and work well as part of a team.
- Licensing/Professional Certifications: n/a
- Physical Requirements: n/a
- Other Requirements: n/a
PREFERRED EDUCATION / SKILLS/ EXPERIENCE:
- Doctorate in Counseling or Counselor Education from CACREP-accredited program. Doctorate in college student affairs/higher education; University level teaching experience;
- Online teaching experience;
- The preferred applicant will have teaching experience in one of the following or a combination thereof (college student affairs, career development/counseling, assessment, clinical mental health counseling, and/or school counseling);
- Demonstration of active participation in counseling professional organizations;
- Familiarity with CACREP standards;
- Licensed or eligible to be licensed as LCDC or LPC in Texas;
- Global Career Development Facilitator credential.
SUPERVISION OF OTHERS: N/A
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
How to apply
During the application process the “My Experience” page has a section provided “Attachments (Resume/CV, References, Cover letter, etc.)” to upload required documents.
- Use the Upload button to add each document.
- You will be able to upload up to 5 documents. Be aware that the maximum size allowed for any one document is 5MB.
- All documents must be electronically submitted through the Texas A&M Online Employment Services website to be considered.
- Incomplete or improperly submitted applications may be excluded from consideration.
- Please do not withdraw your application in an attempt to upload a missing document, instead please email HR for help.
Please provide the following documents:
- Cover Letter
- Three professional references with complete contact information (Unsolicited letters of recommendation will not be considered).
- Transcripts (Unofficial will be accepted with application. Official transcripts are required upon acceptance of verbal offer).
If transcripts are from an international institution, it is the responsibility of the prospective faculty member to have the transcripts translated and evaluated by an approved credential evaluator.
If you need assistance, please contact us at [email protected]
If you apply for this position or indicate an interest advise the HR person you saw this advertisements on jobs.world.edu