Division: Academic Affairs
Department: Allied Health & Nursing, College of
Unit: Dental Education209, IFO
Employment Condition: Fixed Term
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin on March 16, 2023 and continue until the position has been filled.
POSITION: Nine Month Fixed Term Appointment*
Salary Type: Depends on qualifications
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 209, IFO
The Department of Dental Education at Minnesota State University, Mankato is accepting applications for a 9-month fixed term position in the Bachelor of Science Dental Hygiene program.
- A typical faculty workload responsibility may include up to twenty four (24) credits of instruction per academic year.
- The successful candidate may need to teach in other areas as assigned and qualified.
- May be expected to develop and deliver face-to-face, hybrid, and on-line instruction at the Mankato campus, online, and/or at the university’s additional locations, as assigned.
- The successful candidate will collaborate with colleagues in curriculum design, instruction and assessment; conduct research, seek external grants and mentor students; and help create innovative strategies for student recruitment, retention, and program completion.
- All faculty members are expected to engage in scholarly or creative activity or research, in continuing preparation and study, in contributing to student growth and development, and in providing service to the university and community (See Article 22 and Appendix G of the IFO Master Agreement).
- This position will advise undergraduate majors.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching undergraduate courses in the Dental Hygiene program.
- Masters degree in Dental Hygiene (or related field), or Advanced Dental Therapy, or Doctor of Dental Science, or Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry. Evidence of degree completion by August 11, 2023.
- Ability to be licensed in Minnesota in dental hygiene or advanced dental therapy or dentistry by August 11, 2023.
- Minimum of two years clinical practice experience.
- Available to work Monday through Friday and evenings.
- Demonstrated ability to serve a diverse population and apply an equity lens to this position including social justice and/or anti-racism.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
- Demonstrated effective written, oral communication and/or presentation skills.
- Demonstrated experience and/or preparation to teach, advise, mentor, and support a wide variety of students.
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching college or university-level classes using technology in the classroom and/or online course delivery.
- Demonstrated commitment to continued professional development and/or strong potential for productivity in research, grant writing, creative activity and scholarship.
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to, participating and completing all required safety trainings, as well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.
Based on the essential functions of this positions, MMB Policy #1422, and University policies relating to flexible work, this position is eligible for the following work modes:Exclusively On Campus: A position that requires the employee to perform all their work at their campus work location.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: DEPARTMENTAL SPECIFIC INFORMATION:
The Department of Dental Education is located in a state-of-the-art facility and is housed in the College of Allied Health and Nursing. For more information about the Department of Dental Education, please visit our website: https://ahn.mnsu.edu/academic-programs/dental-education.
*Please note that this is a fixed-term (non-tenure track) appointment. A fixed-term appointment is an appointment for a limited period of time and is to be used only when the position to be filled is clearly of a temporary nature or when a permanent position needs to be filled for a temporary period. Fixed-term employment terminates at the end of the appointment period and carries no implication for future employment.
University DemographicsMinnesota State University, Mankato is a member of the Minnesota State system. Minnesota State has established a strategic vision, Equity 2030, which aims to close the educational equity gaps across race and ethnicity, socioeconomic status, ability, and geographic location by the end of the decade at every Minnesota State college and university and to provide an opportunity for all Minnesotans to create a better future for themselves, for their families, and for their communities. The focus of the work includes: Enhancing access and student success. Providing Minnesota with the talent it needs. Anchoring the communities and regions we serve.Equity 2030 seeks to bridge efforts occurring within divisions and institutions, creating an intentional statewide culture of equity-minded collaboration and resulting in equitable practice embedded throughout our institutions. The full Equity 2030 plan is linked here. https://www.minnstate.edu/Equity2030/index.html Minnesota State University, Mankato has identified five broad themes as our basis for discussion in developing our next comprehensive strategic plan. The themes are Serving Students and Managing Enrollment, Focusing our Resources, Offering an Exceptional Student Experience, Caring for Health and Well-Being, and Ensuring a Welcoming, Equitable, and Inclusive University. We seek to attract teacher-scholars who will be culturally and academically diverse faculty members, and staff with a demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. Minnesota State University, Mankato, is student-centered and focuses on applied research that expands knowledge; improves learning; and serves the region, state, and nation.Founded as a Normal School in 1868, Minnesota State University, Mankato is now the second largest university in Minnesota with a tradition of combining big-ideas with real-world thinking to find solutions for pressing problems in the state, region, and global society. Mankato, Minnesota, is a community of nearly 44,500 people, about 85 miles southwest of the twin cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul. The University acknowledges the land and the tribal nations upon this land whose work is being accomplished. We acknowledge that we are on Dakota land. We also take the opportunity to recognize that we live, work, and learn in the homeland of the Dakota people, whose language frames our name-Minnesota State University, Mankato.Serving approximately 14,000 students annually, the University is an applied research institution, with more than 200 academic programs, from bachelors through doctoral degrees. The University is a diverse and global campus with 18% students of color and 1,175 + international students from 95 countries, cutting-edge information technology solutions and extensive partnerships. With 1,600 faculty and staff, including 700 teaching faculty. The University has additional locations and a growing number of on-line programs to accelerate educational access and opportunity. These locations include partnerships in northern Minnesotas the iron range region. Fast facts about the university can be found here: https://mankato.mnsu.edu/about-the-university/fast-facts/
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website: https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com/ A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Non-Photo Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- A brief (no more than one-page) diversity statement defining diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and describing your views and actions toward advancing DEI including dimensions of social justice and racial equity related to race, gender, ability and culture. How would your views and prior actions regarding diversity, equity and inclusion align with Minnesota State University, Mankatos goals?
- Evidence of license/certification required for position.
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: https://admin.mnsu.edu/human-resources/our-benefits/bargaining-units-and-personnel-plans/
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN States vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the schools policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at: http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/ You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing [email protected]
The following link provides a brief overview of benefits available to eligible employees of Minnesota State University.
Select the IFO Summary (Faculty) link from the list for specifics of that plan.
Posting Number: M304M
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date: 08/11/2023
Position End Date (if temporary):
Open Until Filled: Yes
How to apply
To apply, visit USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.