ASSISTANT PROFESSOR OF POLITICAL SCIENCE AND AMERICAN AND GLOBAL STUDIES, FASTRAK TRANSITION ADVISING SPECIALIST AND INSTRUCTOR OF GENERAL EDUCATION
The Department of Global Studies at the College of Saint Elizabeth in Morristown, NJ is seeking applications for a faculty position at the Assistant Professor level.
The qualified candidate will serve as an Assistant Professor of Political Science and American and Global Studies, as well as a Transition Advising Specialist for 40-60 Fastrak Program freshmen and sophomores each year and teach courses as assigned through General Education, particularly the context lab courses that are part of the College’s General Education program, CSE Essentials.
- Teach in, and assist in the planning for the Summer Fastrak Program
- Prepare for, and serve as a Summer Advisor on designated Summer Advising Dates.
- Teach 8 credits each Fall and Spring Semester in the General Education First Year Experience Learning Community and in History, American and Global Studies and Political Science that are aligned with the Fastrak Program.
- Serve on the Advising Committee and Retention Committee as the Academic Transition Advisor to 40-60 Fastrak freshmen and sophomores per year.
- Develop and deliver programs as needed to assist with faculty and staff professional development in the areas of student advising, mentoring and career counseling.
- Serve on Strategic Plan and ad hoc committees as needed.
- MA or PhD or relevant professional experience
- Minimum 5 years higher ed. teaching experience
- Minimum 5 years freshmen advising or mentoring experience
How to apply
Applications should consist of a cover letter, resume, proof of certifications, and three professional references with email addresses and telephone numbers.
No phone calls will be accepted. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The College of Saint Elizabeth is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.