NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Department of Mathematics and Computer Science at Ashland University invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Computer Science – Cybersecurity position, beginning August 2023. The department offers majors in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Mathematics, and Actuarial Science. Ashland University, located in Ashland, OH, is a mid-sized regional teaching university serving over 6000 undergraduate and graduate students in a variety of disciplines. A private, comprehensive university founded in 1878, Ashland University is located midway between Cleveland and Columbus in northeast Ohio. The university’s philosophy of “Accent on the Individual” assures that students receive the individual attention essential for educational growth.
- The teaching load is twelve (12) credit hours per semester.
- The successful candidate will teach a variety of undergraduate courses including computer security, cyber ethics, cybersecurity management, windows security, communication and network security, digital forensics and investigation, Linux security, hacker tools and techniques and mobile security.
- The successful candidate must be willing to teach using face-to-face and online modalities.
- Ability and willingness to teach courses in computer science or mathematics is desirable.
- The successful candidate is expected to provide service to the institution and engage in scholarly activity.
- Ph.D. in Cybersecurity, a Ph.D. in Computer Science with a security or information assurance focus, or a Ph.D. in a strongly related field with a Master’s degree in Cybersecurity, Information Assurance, or Computer Network Defense is required.
- Three (3) months of teaching experience with demonstrated excellence.