NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Job Type: Full-Tme Faculty
Division: Academic Affairs
Job Number: 202200031
Department: COE- Developmental & Higher Ed Studies
Closing: 5/31/2023 11:59 PM Central
The primary responsibilities for this position include teaching Student Development and Personnel Services and Curriculum and Instructional Design courses in the master’s and doctoral programs in Developmental Education, working with other department members to improve program offerings to students, assisting with student retention and recruitment efforts, participating in the selection process for admitting students into departmental programs, grant writing, and sitting on and chairing master’s thesis, and doctoral dissertation committees.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Teach online graduate courses in the department (MS, PMC, Ed. D. in Developmental Education). Ability to teach in the following option areas is required: Post Secondary Guidance and Counseling; Student Development and Personnel Services). Advise students
- Promote, plan, implement, and assess those activities consistent with the enhancement
and development of candidates in programs in the department
- Engage in grant writing
- Engage in research and scholarly activities
- Work to maintain SACSOC Accreditation
- Serve on various Departmental, College and University Committees
- Attend all University, College and Departmental Faculty Meetings, Convocations, Commencements, and official functions of the University
- Perform other tasks that may be assigned
- A Ph.D. or Ed.D. and a minimum of (3) three years of postsecondary teaching experience are required
- Must demonstrate knowledge and experience in online teaching within an online instructional delivery space
- Specialization/training in Counseling /Counselor Education (e.g., LMFT, LPC, LPCS, PLPC) in their credentials
- Knowledge or specialization in Developmental Education or Adult Learning
- Quality Matters training
How to apply
Applications without the following will not be considered complete.
- Cover Letter
- Transcript(s) if applicable
- Curriculum Vitae if applicable
GSU is an AA/EEO Employer and Educator with facilities that are accessible to the disabled.