Depends on Qualifications
Full time permanent
Main Campus – Portales, New Mexico
The Department of Mathematical Sciences is seeking qualified candidates to teach as a full-time tenure-track Assistant Professor of Electronic Engineering Technology (PhD qualified). The department will consider a full-time non-tenure-track instructor of Electronic Engineering Technology (Masters qualified). Salary, teaching assignment, service expectations, and scholarly activities will be based on degree and experience. Start Date: August, 2021.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Duties include teaching a broad range of undergraduate Electronic Engineering Technology courses including laboratories. The normal teaching load is 12 credit hours per semester.
- Good communication skills and a commitment to excellence in teaching are required.
- Maintain appropriate service
- Engage in scholarly activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Tenure track: A PhD (ABD considered) in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or a closely related field to be hired as a full-time tenure-track Assistant Professor of Electronic Engineering Technology. Teaching experience in EET courses including their corresponding labs are preferred. A background in renewable energy is a plus.
- Non-Tenure track: A Masters in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, or a closely related field with a minimum of 3 years of experience in teaching of EET courses including laboratories to be hired as a full-time non-tenure-track instructor of Electronic Engineering Technology. A background in renewable energy is a plus.
Physical Demand and Working Conditions:
- Work is performed during normal work hours but may require some evening or weekend hours
- Work is sedentary in nature with 25 pounds maximum weight to lift and carry
- Work requires reaching, handling of objects with hands and/or fingers, talking,and/or hearing, and seeing
Application Review Date: Open Until Filled
Condition of Employment: Must pass a pre-employment background check.
How to apply
Electronic applications should be submitted. Please attach the following required documents to your electronic application:
Required Documents: Please ensure that you attach all required documents even if you have applied for other positions at ENMU as the committee does not have access to those records.
Letter of interest
Contact information for three references (Blind reference calls may be made on applicants who become a finalist for the position)
Transcripts (unofficial for application purposes)
ENMU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Title IX Employer. Eastern New Mexico University is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected status in its programs, activities, or employment. People seeking additional information about the University’s non-discrimination policy should contact the Affirmative Action Officer at (575) 562-2218. Individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation can call the office of human resources at (575) 562-2115. The University does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs, activities, employment and admission, and the University is required by Title IX and 34 C.F.R. Part 106 not to discriminate in such a manner. For more information regarding Title IX please click https://www.enmu.edu/about/public-documents/title-ix/coordinator . New Mexico is an open records state, therefore ENMU complies with the Inspection of Public Records Act, NMSA 1978, Chapter 14, Article 2, from the Office of the New Mexico Attorney General. Requests for records should be sent to [email protected]. For any other inquires please contact Human Resources at (575) 562-2115 or e-mail [email protected]