Cedar City, UT
Southern Utah University seeks applicants for an Assistant Professor of Kinesiology with emphasis in Exercise Science courses. This is a full-time tenure track position.
Priority will be given to applications that are received by February 3, 2021.
Proposed Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teaching responsibilities will likely include undergraduate courses in biomechanics. Responsibilities may also include methods of sports conditioning, exercise testing and prescription, research methods, or other exercise science courses. A generalist who is willing and able to teach in a number of areas relating to exercise science is preferred.
- Teaching responsibilities could also include graduate classes in the Master of Science Sports Conditioning and Performance program.
- Professional engagement, scholarly activity, service to the department, college and university are expected and required for rank advancement and tenure.
- A strong desire to help students achieve and a commitment to academic excellence are essential.
- Other responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
Proposed Education and Experience Requirements:
- Earned doctorate in exercise science, kinesiology or related fields;
- ABD may be considered.
- ACSM, CSCS, or comparable certification preferred.
- Teaching is the primary responsibility; therefore, demonstration of successful teaching experience at collegiate level.
- Personal qualities of integrity, loyalty, and motivation.
- Online teaching experience is preferred.
How to apply
Documents needed to apply:
- Cover Letter
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Contact information for 3 professional references
In accordance with Utah State Code 53B-1-110, appointment to this position is contingent upon the successful passing of a background check.
Southern Utah University is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the worth and dignity of every person; fosters tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages individual commitment to personal responsibilities in equal measure with personal rights. In pursuit of its goal of academic excellence, the University seeks to develop and nurture diversity. The University believes that diversity among its many members strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas, and enriches campus life.
Southern Utah University does not discriminate against any member of the University community on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, veteran status, pregnancy, pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable law in employment, treatment, admission, access to educational programs and activities, or other University benefits or services.