San Angelo, TX
Salary $90,000 – $100,000
Angelo State University invites applications for a tenure track assistant professor of marketing in the Management and Marketing Department in the newly named Norris-Vincent College of Business. This full-time, nine-month faculty position will start in Fall 2020.
Effective teaching, service, and publication in peer-reviewed journals are required for tenure and promotion, consistent with the policies of the Norris-Vincent College of Business and Angelo State University. The successful candidate will teach courses in primarily in marketing. We seek candidates to teach marketing classes with an emphasis in areas related to professional sales, sales management, analysis of sales and customer data using current CRM platforms and marketing analytics at the graduate and undergraduate levels in on-the-ground and on-line formats.
The business programs offered by the Norris-Vincent College of Business are accredited by ACBSP; however, Angelo State University is a member of AACSB and is making good progress in attaining initial business accreditation by AACSB.
Typical Duties/Job Duties
Teach graduate and undergraduate courses in marketing, produce peer-reviewed intellectual contributions, especially journal articles, and participate in various service-related activities such as student advising, committee work, and engagement with the academic/business community.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Applicants should be dedicated to excellence in teaching and willing to deliver their courses in both traditional and online formats. Applicants should also be dedicated to helping ASU students succeed, particularly first-generation college students.
- Applicants should possess excellent written and oral communication skills, with strong organizational skills. Collegiality and the ability to collaborate with other business faculty in both research and service are also expected.
- PhD or DBA in marketing (or a closely related field) from an AACSB-accredited business program. ABD’s will also be considered.
- Successful teaching experience at the college or university level.
- Record of scholarly publications in peer-reviewed journals. Industry experience is desirable.
How to apply
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at [email protected].