Position Number: 999068
Department: Teacher Education
The Department of Teacher Education at Angelo State University seeks an experienced PK-8 science educator who is committed to the continued development and implementation of experiential learning, educational theory and practice, as well as scholarship for a nine-month tenure track position.Typical Duties/Job Duties
- A successful candidate must have the ability to effectively work independently as well as collaboratively with students, colleagues, and the larger university community.
- Responsibilities include teaching courses face-to-face and using technology strategies for distance delivery in the teacher education program, developing relevant coursework, supervising students, collaborating in the ongoing evolution of innovative undergraduate programs, and engaging in scholarly activities.
- Faculty participate in faculty governance; serve on department, college, and university committees; and assist with student recruitment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Recent public school teaching experience, PK-8;
- Work with diverse student populations;
- Teach both in-person and via distance delivery methods;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills;
- Knowledge of recent pedagogical and methodological theories;
- Strong understanding and effective teaching of the essential components of science;
- Instruction and science methods;
- Curriculum creation and development;
- Effective use of educational technology;
- An understanding of state requirements for Texas Teacher Certification;
- An understanding of the Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS) for science.
- PhD or EdD in education or related field completed by the time of appointment required;
- A minimum of 3 years public school teaching experience in PK-8 required.
- Experience working with diverse student populations
- Experience teaching both face to face and via distance delivery methods
- Minimum of 5 years public school teaching experience in PK-8
- Elementary and/or middle school science teaching experience
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at [email protected].
Posting Number: F198P
Desired Start Date: 09/01/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
The President of Angelo State University has a strong personal commitment to equal employment opportunity and has firmly committed the University to its AA/EEO policy in all facets of its programs and activities.