NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Grand Junction, CO
Department: Theatre Arts
Position No. F00018
Employment Type: Faculty
Salary: 50,000.00 – 52,000.00. Commensurate with education and experience. Excellent health and retirement benefits package.
Application Deadline: Open until filled. To ensure consideration, complete applications must be received by 3/15/2021.
SUMMARY: The Assistant Professor of Theatre is responsible for teaching undergraduate theatre curriculum in the Department of Theatre Arts.
Colorado Mesa University is a state-funded, largely undergraduate institution that emphasizes quality teaching.
The standard teaching load is 12 credit hours per semester; courses may be assigned as in-person, online, hybrid, or via distance delivery modalities. Scholarship in the discipline, involvement with advising, and service to the department and profession are expected.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
The Department of Theatre Arts at Colorado Mesa University, Grand Junction, Colorado invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Theatre (tenure track) The Assistant Professor of Theatre’s essential duties and responsibilities include teaching a standard course load of both upper and lower division acting classes in a Stanislavski-based acting program and directing one main stage production in our four-show main stage season. The ideal candidate is a well-rounded theatre generalist with a strong directing and performance background who brings new expertise to the department. Areas of particular interest include: Improvisation, Devised Theatre, and Music Theatre. The ability to teach academic classes (such as Theatre History and Script Analysis) as well as performance is necessary. Additional committee assignments, recruiting activities, advising, and departmental service required. Teaching may involve online, hybrid and/or distance delivery modalities.
QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. REQUIRED
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- M.F.A. in Acting or Directing plus significant professional equivalency. Degree must be from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for teachin
- Effective communication and organizational skills
DESIRED EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
- Professional performance and directing experience
- Three years’ experience college level teaching
- Active participation and engagement in the field of theatre. Strong organizational, management, and communication skills
- Candidates who have supervised undergraduate research is desired.
Colorado Mesa University is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and who have a demonstrated commitment to improving the levels of access and success for underrepresented students within higher education.
Colorado Mesa University is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. Applicant must be able to verify U.S. employment eligibility. Colorado Mesa University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a culturally diverse faculty, staff and student body. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact the CMU Human Resources Office by phone or email. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed.
Colorado Mesa University
Attn: Human Resources Office
1100 North Avenue
Grand Junction, CO 81501
How to apply
Applicants will be asked to complete an online application by creating a profile and then providing personal and demographic information. In addition, please be prepared to upload a
- Cover lette
- Resume or C
- Teaching Philosophy
- Website or Performance/Directing examples
- Statement of creative work/research (1-2 page)
- Evidence of teaching effectiveness such as sample syllabi and course evaluations
- Name and contact information of three professional references
- Copy of transcripts for all degrees completed (if your transcripts include a social security number or birthdate, please redact that information before uploading the document. Official transcripts will be required upon hire)
Provide three letters of recommendation
- May be emailed to [email protected]
- Note the candidates name in the subject line
- Direct Inquiries Contact: Benjamin Reigel – Chair of Search Committee 970.248.1390 (o) [email protected]