Prairie View, TX
Dept Of Social & Political Science
Proposed Minimum Salary
Prairie View, Texas
Primary duties include, but are not limited to, teaching general and advanced courses in the candidate’s area of expertise; conducting funded research and producing scholarly work; providing service to the department and the university; seeking and receiving external funding to promote department activities and research; providing mentoring and advertisement to students; providing committee services for the department and university.
- Teaches undergraduate level Political Science courses, submit attendance reporting, mid-term grades, and final grades among other teaching related duties.
- Conducts research and produces scholarly work. Seeks sand receives external funding to promote department activities and research.
- Provides mentoring to students, committee service for the department and university and perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- Ph.D. in Political Science
- Two (2) years of teaching or related experience
Job Posting Close Date:
- Open Until Filled
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Word processing, spreadsheet, and database applications.
- Ability to multitask and work cooperatively with others.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Specialization in Comparative Politics, broadly defined, and expertise in all applicable theories
- Two (2) years of teaching experience at the college level.
- Ability to teach other subject areas.
How to apply
Please attach all required documents listed below in the attachment box labeled as either “Resume/CV or Resume/Cover Letter” on the application. Multiple attachments may be included in the “Resume/CV” or Resume/Cover Letter” attachment box. Any additional attachments provided outside of the required documents listed below are considered optional.
* Cover Letter
* Resume or Curriculum Vitae
Application Submission Guidelines:
All applicants are required to apply via our Career Site on or before the closing date indicated on the job posting. Applicant inquiries received via email and websites such as Indeed, HigherEdJobs, etc. will not be considered unless the individual has applied to the available position via the PVAMU Career site.
The required documents listed in the above Required Attachments section must be attached to the application prior to the job closing date indicated to ensure full consideration for the application submitted. Please contact the Office of Human Resource on or before the closing date indicated above at 936-261-1730 or [email protected] should you need assistance with the online application process.
Background Check Requirements:
All positions are security-sensitive. Applicants are subject to a criminal history investigation, and employment is contingent upon the institution’s verification of credentials and/or other information required by the institution’s procedures, including the completion of the criminal history check.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.