SUPERVISOR: Dean of School of Arts and Sciences
DEPARTMENT: School of Arts and Sciences
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Tiffin University invites applications for an Assistant Professor position in English/Rhetoric and Composition in the School of Arts & Sciences. The position will begin either January 2020, or August 2020. This is a full-time, benefits-eligible appointment.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will be expected to:
• Comply with the ICare Values of Tiffin University and cultivation of professional
attitudes for creating successful students.
• Responsible for the instruction, supervision and evaluation of students in the classroom
setting as well as course assessments for the department. Responsible for teaching first
year writing courses and other technical and business writing courses, using curriculum
approved by the School of Arts and Sciences.
• Contribute to curriculum development and faculty development in Writing Programs
• Engage in professional, university, and community service as appropriate
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
• Ph.D. in Rhetoric and Composition or related discipline by the time of appointment.
• Evidence of strong commitment to teaching.
• Theoretical grounding in writing studies curriculum and pedagogy in one or more of the
following areas: technical writing, professional writing, project-based writing
pedagogies, and writing across the curriculum.
• Experience teaching in face to face, online or hybrid formats
• Evidence of participation in rhetoric/composition conferences or other professional
• Demonstrated success meeting the needs of underrepresented student populations and/or reaching out to diverse communities
GUIDING PRINCIPLES KEY COMPETENCIES
Interdependence: Fosters collaboration