Long Classification Title: LECTURER-CONTRACT FACULTY
Department: PSU ELLC CESP & CDFC [PAEDXX]
Summary of Position
The Special Education Program at Plymouth State University in Plymouth, NH, invites applications for a full time, 9-month, tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor or a full time teaching faculty position to commence in August 2020. Plymouth State University is respected in the region for preparing knowledgeable and dedicated educators to work with children with diverse abilities. The Special Education program is a flourishing graduate program that prepares candidates with a MEd in Special Education and/or certification in General Special Education K – 12.
Plymouth State University is a nationally accredited CAEP institution. Successful candidates should have a strong background in special education and working with their families in a variety of settings. Candidates should also have experience teaching both online and face-to-face special education courses as well as advising and mentoring students. Successful candidates will also be able to demonstrate interdisciplinary collaboration skills with colleagues within the university setting and beyond. Teaching Faculty positions are full time, with benefits and funded on a year-to-year basis. This position will remain open until filled.
Acceptable Minimum Qualifications
- 3 – 5 years of K – 12 teaching experience as a special education teacher and/or working with diverse children and families and/or as a special education director of student services at a district level.
- Demonstrated excellence in college-level teaching both online and face-to-face, with evidence from both colleagues and students.
- Skills in academic advising and mentoring students.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and participation in collaborative programs and projects across disciplines.
- An MEd is required.
- In order to qualify for a tenure track position, a Doctoral degree in Special Education or related field is required.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Established record of (or demonstrated potential for) an agenda of research and scholarship
- Supervision of student teachers in either face-to-face or virtual format
- Experience with CAEP accreditation processes
- Experience with teacher preparation evaluation, e.g., TCAP (Teacher Candidate Assessment of Performance)
- Experience integrating technology into the classroom to enhance student learning, using an on-line teaching platform
- Experience with PBIS or MTSS
- Experience with special education administration
Salary is complemented by a comprehensive benefits package which includes medical, dental, retirement, tuition, and paid time off.
Plymouth State University (PSU) has consistently earned national recognition for its commitment to community service, environmental sustainability, academic excellence, and employee wellness. The employee benefits package will holistically support your life and career goals. The outstanding benefits include affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance along with university paid life and accidental death & dismemberment. The financial benefits include competitive compensation, a generous retirement plan match and tuition reimbursement benefit that extends to your dependents. Find more information here!
Work and play where you live! We are located in the heart of NH playground, surrounded by mountains and lakes where all things outdoors are right at your fingertips. Enjoy tax-free shopping, tax-free income and a growing cultural community. Big name concerts, small intimate local theater, delicious restaurants, and much more.
Closing Date: 03/16/2020
Appointment Type: Regular
This position is responsible for the supervision of
A background check will be required as a condition of employment.