NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Department of Criminal Justice at Austin Peay State University invites applications for the position of Assistant Professor of Criminal Justice.
The Department of Criminal Justice currently offers a Bachelor and a Master of science in Criminal Justice, each with an optional concentration in Homeland Security. The program enrolls about 400 undergraduate majors per year, and has approximately 30 in our inaugural graduate cohort. The Department of Criminal Justice offers its courses through diverse delivery methods including face to face, online, and hybrid/blended formats. The successful candidate will contribute to and assist with the new graduate program. Courses may require teaching at the Clarksville campus or the Ft. Campbell Center.
The Department of Criminal Justice is among the University’s fastest growing. The position’s responsibilities include teaching courses as assigned by the chair. Additionally, the successful candidate will engage in an active scholarly research agenda, advise students, and participate in relevant service to the university, community, and discipline.
More information about the department can be found at http://www.apsu.edu/criminal-justice.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate will:
- Teach three to four courses (graduate and undergraduate level) per academic semester as assigned by the chair
- Advise majors as needed
- Provide service including, but not limited to, departmental, college, and/or university committee work
- Maintain an active scholarly research agenda
- Faculty may teach during the summer semesters for additional compensation (subject to availability)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- An ability to teach a wide range of criminal justice courses. Area of research specialization is open, but preference will be given to candidates who specialize in policing, victimology, white collar and/or cybercrime.
Required Minimum Qualifications
* Ph.D. in Criminal Justice, Criminology, or closely related field from an accredited institution. The J.D. alone is not sufficient for this position.
* A background search will be required of the successful applicant.
How to apply
Austin Peay State University is an AA/EEO employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ethnic or national origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation/gender identity, religion, age, disability status, genetic information, and/or veteran status in its programs and activities. Inquiries or complaints regarding the non-discrimination policies should be directed to the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action at [email protected]