Posting Number: S01173
Department: Children’s Learning Cntrs, LSC
The College of Lake County Lakeshore Campus is looking for an experiences Assistant Teacher to join their team. Under the administrative supervision of the Director, the Leadership of the Coordinator, the Lead Teacher II and the Lead Teacher II, the Assistant Teacher assists in planning and facilitating activities for pre-school or school-age children.
The College of Lake County (CLC) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019.
Regular Part-Time Board established positions earn Vacation and Sick Leave and Tuition waiver for CLC classes and Tuition Reimbursement for advanced degrees. In addition, employees are eligible to participate in the State University Retirement System (SURS)
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience working with children and knowledge of child development (growth).
- Proven ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Some course work in early Childhood Education.
- Previous experience in working with group programs.
Closing Date: 12/15/2019
Expected Start Date: 01/07/2020
Pay Rate: $11.99/Hr.
Total Hours per week: 25.00
Monday – Friday, Hours 7:30-12:30 or 8-1
Software Testing Required
Interview Process Requirements
How to apply
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V