NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Program Director, Physician Assistant Studies Program will serve as the academic officer of the program, and will be responsible for the effective day-to-day communication, program assessment and planning, fiscal management, and evaluation of faculty. The incumbent will serve to develop and implement the strategic plan, education, research and clinical education programs and will provide guidance and oversight through the initial and ongoing accreditation process. This includes the hiring of program faculty, recruitment of the student class, management of the budget and development of clinical affiliation agreements. This position reports to the Dean or designee of the School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. The incumbent will receive academic rank as appropriate.
1. A master’s degree in physician assistant studies with current NCCPA certification, or an earned doctorate from an accredited university. An M.D., Ph.D. or Ed.D. in a related field preferred.
2. Licensed as a physician or physician assistant within the state of New Jersey.
3. Proven leadership ability in the field of physician assistant studies.
4. Substantial experience within higher education, including a minimum of six years of full-time higher education experience and three years of full-time experience in a physician assistant program. Experience equivalent to eligibility for appointment to a senior academic rank (Associate Professor or above).
5. Knowledge of the physician assistant program accreditation process and familiarity with the details of experiential education and site establishment within the healthcare community.
6. Ability to locate and secure external funding for a school and programs of this nature.
7. Demonstrated record of excellence in teaching, scholarship, service, and fostering empirical research.
8. A vision and interpersonal skills to build partnerships inside and outside the program in physician assistant studies, the School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences and University-at-large.
9. Employment is contingent upon a satisfactory background check. Candidates for hire will be required to sign a waiver authorizing the background check and produce a Social Security Card.
Campus: Florham Campus, Madison, NJ
How to apply
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. Fairleigh Dickinson University takes affirmative action in support of its policy to employ and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.
Please click on this link to view a federal government poster that explains your Equal Employment Opportunity rights http://www.fdu.edu/admin/eh/fedeeo.pdf
If you apply for this position or indicate an interest advise the HR person you saw this advertisements on jobs.world.edu