Assists with providing administrative leadership in Business and Technology areas; provides professional and technical support to faculty, administrators, and staff on a variety of projects. Assists with coordinating special projects and grant initiatives. Other major functions include providing support in the development, evaluation, and revision of new and existing programs, supporting dual credit, promoting growth in work-based learning, expanding relationships with employers, and providing guidance to ensure compliance with state, regulatory and accrediting agencies. Provides administrative support to appropriate faculty and staff, facilitates the academic preparedness and success of students, and promotes education and service in the community.
Education: Master’s degree in an appropriate discipline related to Business, Technology, Education or Educational Administration.
Experience: Demonstrated experience and ability teaching, directing, planning, and/or implementing Business or CTE programs. A minimum of three years’ experience working in a business or technology-related occupation is preferred. Experience with curriculum design, development, implementation and assessment is preferred.
Knowledge: Understanding of and commitment to the philosophy of a comprehensive community college and demonstrated organizational and interpersonal skills.
Skills: Demonstrated leadership, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills. Appreciation of diversity and promotion of multi-cultural awareness. Ability to maintain a broad institutional perspective and to think strategically. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
1. Effectively administers all aspects of Business and Technology programs to assure the attainment of established programmatic outcomes and long-range goals.
2. Facilitates and supports the educational process by promoting an instructional environment for students and faculty that is conducive to student success.
3. Supervises program and course development, including student learning objectives and outcomes, activities, evaluation measures in collaboration with appropriate chairs/coordinators, faculty and other staff in compliance with college policy.
4. Facilitates and supports preparation of Internal Program Review (IPR) and ICCB 5-year program review (PRP).
5. Reviews and approve program schedules, including classroom and laboratory schedules.
6. Assists the Dean in the evaluation of program Chairs/Coordinators, faculty and staff.
7. Assists Chairs/Coordinators and faculty in the development, implementation and review of academic assessment.
8. Fosters the ongoing development of Areas of Study to support Guided Pathways and student success.
9. Develops grant proposals, monitors and coordinates existing grants related to Business and Technology programs.
10. Cooperates with federal, and state regulatory agencies and accreditation agencies.
11. Assists in developing and implementing Strategic Plan priorities.
12. Monitors the advisory committee process to assure adherence to established advisory committee guidelines.
13. Facilitates the recruitment, hiring, training, development and retention of faculty and staff.
14. Prepares budget documents and monitors expenditures.
15. Maintains work-based learning Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) with industry partners and other internship agreements as appropriate.
16. Assists the Dean in monitoring the maintenance of assigned buildings and supports coordinators in ensuring the proper maintenance of current equipment.
17. Participates in professional activities on the local, state and national levels.
18. In collaboration with the Dean of Business and Technology, assists with the delivery of dual credit programming.
19. Serves on committees as assigned.
20. Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean.
Triton College reaffirms its commitment to affirmative action and equal employment for all qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, age or any other basis which is protected by law except where such characteristics are bona-fide occupational requirements.
Triton College does not unlawfully discriminate in matters relating to recruitment, hiring, promotion, termination, compensation, benefits, transfers, and all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment.
If you apply for this position or indicate an interest advise the HR person you saw this advertisements on jobs.world.edu