Position Category: Faculty
The instructional faculty member shall have the primary responsibilities of teaching, research/creative achievement, and service functions and shall be held accountable for these obligations as they contribute to the attainment of the mission of the University, the School, and the Department.
*Juris Doctor (or equivalent degree); and *evidence of potential for effective teaching and scholarly activity
- promote the mission of Lincoln Memorial University to all faculty, staff, students and to the community at large;
- promote effective working relationships among faculty, staff and students;
- undertake the Standard Instructional/Research/Service Workload as outlined in the Faculty/Staff Policy Manual and the Law School Supplement;
- provide course and classroom conduct as outlined in the Faculty/Staff Policy Manual and the Law School Supplement;
- comply with the university Faculty/Staff Policy Manual and the Law School Supplement;
- provide academic advisement of students;
- conduct office/conference hours;
- submit textbook requests;
- comply with announced requirements;
- engage in professional development;
- fulfill the University s scholarship expectation through research, publication, grant development and creative achievement;
- provide committee service;
- attend department, school and university faculty meetings;
- participate in community and public service opportunities;
- attend commencement activities;
- participate in annual faculty evaluation;
- complete required institutional and program accreditation reports and other reports necessary for the operation and advancement of the University; and
- perform other duties as assigned.
About the Institution
Lincoln Memorial University is a values-based learning community dedicated to providing educational experiences in the liberal arts and professional studies. The main campus is located in Harrogate, Tennessee. For more information about employment opportunities, contact the Office of Human Resources at 423-869-7112 or [email protected].
How to apply
Campus: Duncan School of Law
Posting Number: F00305P
Open Until Filled: No
Lincoln Memorial University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action education institution. Lincoln Memorial University prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in all University programs and activities.
Background Check Statement
The University will conduct criminal background checks on all employees. Background checks may include but are not limited to confirmation of the individual’s identity, credit information, motor vehicle driving record, review of an individual’s criminal conviction record (if any), verification of any license, and certificate or degree required for the position.