NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
1499-NN_ADMINPRO – Associate Vice Chancellor
Associate Vice Chancellor and Dean of Students
Administrative Professional – Not OT Eligible
Summary of Duties:
The Division of Student Affairs is enthusiastically accepting applications for the Associate Vice Chancellor and Dean of Students position.
As a member of the Vice Chancellor’s senior staff, provide executive-level oversight and leadership in directing co-curricular student services and support functions. Executive-level oversight includes the Office of the Dean of Students, Health Promotion, Center for Community Standards, WSU System-wide Student Care Network, Multicultural Student Services, Campus Climate and Community Building and as co-chair, the WSU System Threat Assessment Team.
- Positions require a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and eight (8) years of progressively responsible relevant experience, which has included at least three (3) years of managerial experience. A Master’s degree in a related field may be substituted for up to one (1) year of the required experience. Education and experience can be tailored to fit the specific organizational entity/directorial assignment.
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field.
- Ability to travel and work some weekends and evenings.
- Experience working with students in academic support, advising, mentoring, and/or other care/student success capacity.
- Experience with direct supervision of others.
- Demonstrated experience advancing initiatives or programs designed to promote equity, inclusion, and diversity.
- Demonstrated success at building coalitions and collaborating successfully across large and complex organizations to promote vision, mission, and goals.
- Experience with one or more of the following: threat assessment, strategic planning, student academic success initiatives, student leadership development.
- A Doctoral degree in a relevant field.
- Ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in an academic organization.
- Senior-level managerial and leadership experience is highly desirable.
Dean of Students
City, State, Zip:
Pullman, WA 99164
$15,375 – $16,250
In accordance with RCW 49.58.110, the above salary reflects the full salary range for this position. Individual placement within the range is based on the candidate’s current experience, education, skills, and abilities related to the position.
For more information regarding Administrative Professional (AP) Compensation at Washington State University (WSU), please visit the following website: https://hrs.wsu.edu/managers/classification-compensation/ap-compensation-structure/
WSU offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes paid sick and vacation leave; paid holidays; medical, dental, life and disability insurance package for employees and dependents; retirement; deferred compensation and optional supplemental retirement accounts.
For a more detailed summary of benefits offered by WSU for AP staff visit:
Find total compensation information here:
This is a Permanent position.
Posting Close Date:
Applicants must submit their completed application by March 26, 2023 at 11:59 p.m.
This position has been designated by the department to require a background check because it requires access to children or vulnerable adults as defined by RCW 74.34, engages in law enforcement, requires security clearance, interacts with WSU students in a counseling or advising capacity, has access to personal identifying and/or financial information, unsupervised access to university buildings/property, or other business-related need. A background check will not be completed until an initial determination of qualification for employment has been made.
WASHINGTON STATE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EDUCATOR AND EMPLOYER. Members of ethnic minorities, women, special disabled veterans, veterans of the Vietnam-era, recently separated veterans, and other protected veteran, persons of disability and/or persons age 40 and over are encouraged to apply.
WSU employs only U.S. citizens and lawfully authorized non-U.S. citizens. All new employees must show employment eligibility verification as required by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.
WSU is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in its services, programs, activities, education and employment for individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation in the application process, contact Human Resource Services: 509-335-4521 (v), Washington State TDD Relay Service: Voice Callers: 1-800-833-6384; TDD Callers: 1-800-833-6388, 509-335-1259(f), or [email protected].
How to apply
To apply, visit
Apply for this Job