NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
University Park, IL
Department: Management, Marketing, and Entrepreneurship
Governors State University’s College of Business seeks to create an available pool of Adjunct Faculty candidates to teach courses in Marketing. The major responsibilities of an adjunct faculty member are to teach courses such as Marketing Management, Promotional Strategies, Consumer Behavior, Marketing Research, Digital Marketing and Professional Selling. Adjunct faculty should be able to support their course online and use appropriate software tools.
Interested individuals are invited to complete a faculty profile, attach a curriculum vitae, cover letter, and transcripts for consideration.
At Governors State University, adjunct faculty are hired as temporary faculty with teaching responsibilities for a specific course in a semester or summer session. Adjuncts are not a part of the faculty bargaining unit and are not included in membership of the Faculty Senate.
- Master’s or higher degree in Marketing, or an MBA with a specialization in Marketing.
- Substantial current managerial or executive experience (more than five years) in Advertising, Marketing Research, Marketing Management, or in a closely related field.
- Prior experience teaching Marketing Management, Promotional Strategies, Consumer Behavior, Marketing Research, Professional Selling, or Marketing Logistics and Distribution at the graduate or undergraduate level.
- Ability to teach specific courses in Promotional Strategies, Marketing Research, Consumer Behavior, Professional Selling, Marketing Management, and International Marketing.
- Ability to teach online using the Blackboard e-Learning platform.
- Certifications appropriate to the specific field of expertise.
Position Type: Adjunct
Collective Bargaining Status of Position: Non-Unionized
Posting Number: FA0313P