NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The College of Medicine, Ajman University, has an opening for the position of a Clinical Assistant / Associate Professor in Family Medicine, starting Fall semester 2023-2024.
- Develop and deliver courses to students in the specified discipline areas of study, considering and aiming to achieve the three (3) fundamental university standards: Teaching, Research, and Services.
- Evaluate and monitor individual student progress and provide feedback to sustain student success.
- Conduct high-quality research in his/her own field and publish research outcomes in reputable journals and conferences.
- Pursuing research in relevant clinical and biomedical sciences and/or pedagogy, organize and manage instructional resources, course outlines, and community networks.
- Supporting and expanding curricular development in family medicine in consonance with other basic medical science subjects and linking to clinical sciences.
- Actively seek out methods, procedures, and resources to best achieve course objectives.
- Support and participate in accreditation initiatives.
- Maintain relationships with students that are conducive to learning.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Basic medical degree (MBBS/MD).
- Earned Ph.D. Degree or a terminal clinical qualification (exit degree) in Family Medicine from an accredited institution or licensing body.
- Board-certified in general/specialized Family Medicine and eligible for registration and licencing as a clinical practitioner in the UAE.
- Displays evidence of ability to teach in one or more of the following areas: family medicine, geriatric medicine, community medicine, occupational medicine, palliative and pain medicine, etc.
- Previous experience teaching in an integrated systems-based curriculum.
- Previous involvement in Problem-Based Learning (PBL) and Team-Based Learning (TBL) educational processes (i.e., development, tutor-guide preparation, facilitation, assessment) will be highly desirable.
- The candidate must be able to communicate in English.
- Advanced use of technology in the education process (delivering classes via presentations, using e-learning systems, reports, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively in English orally and in writing.
- Dedication to continued professional development and scholarship.
- Engaging in scholarly work that is of very high quality as evidenced by external peer review.
- Exhibit strong pedagogic skills and to remain proficient and current in their disciplines.
- Ability to develop and lead high-quality research.
- Ability to develop and lead community service efforts of AU.
- Ability to provide academic advising for students.
- Ability to work effectively with multiple diverse communities.
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems (LMS).
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.