Pocatello – Main
Idaho State University, established in 1901, is a Carnegie-classified doctoral research and teaching institution, with a culture built on trust, compassion, stability, and hope. ISU serves over 12,000 students in Pocatello, Meridian, Twin Falls, and Idaho Falls. Students and faculty at ISU are leading the way in cutting-edge research and innovative solutions. We are proud to offer exceptional academics nestled in the grand, natural beauty of the West. We invite you to apply to be a part of our University community!
The successful candidate will assess, design, and deliver general education content oriented to the needs of career-technical students in a wide variety of disciplinary settings, and operate and maintain a Physics lab and classroom. Key responsibilities include:
- Design, deliver, and assess General Education courses, primarily PHYS 1101 and PHYS 1101L, as well as other science and mathematics courses as the need arises
- Serve as the primary point of interaction between the TGE program and the ISU Physics department
- With career-technical faculty, students, and industry partners to anticipate, identify and provide critical content and contextual support for developing industry needs throughout the College of Technology
- Represent the program and college’s interests in professional and discipline-specific interactions throughout the university, community, and other professional settings
- Attend program, department, and college meetings and activities as assigned
- Participate in department, college, and university-level service and research as workload demands allow
- Master’s degree in Physics or closely-related field
- Proficient in computer use and productivity software, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint Proficient in instructional software (i.e., Moodle, Zoom, SmartBoard)
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Must have the ability to attain Idaho Career Technical Education Limited Occupational Specialist Certification immediately following employment
- 3+ years teaching experience in postsecondary setting in the fields of physical science, mathematics, and related disciplines at an introductory level
- Teaching experience with at-risk/non-traditional students
- 3+ years work experience in relevant industry settings outside education
- Clear familiarity and teaching experience with the topics and learning outcomes associated with courses identified in the key responsibilities considered a high priority
You must submit your CV/resume, cover letter, and list of three (3) professional references, including current contact information. This position will remain open until it is filled; however, priority consideration will be given to applications received prior to March 29, 2023. Salary will be commensurate with education and experience. Benefits include comprehensive health, dental, and vision; life insurance; disability plan; employee assistance program (EAP); excellent retirement options and company contribution; and generous paid time off/sick leave accrual. All offers of employment are conditional pending the successful completion of a background investigation, provided by HireRight.
Posting Number: req1883
Type: Working 9 months per year
Position: Faculty Non-Tenure Track
Division: College of Technology
The State of Idaho is committed to providing equal employment opportunities and prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, political affiliation or belief, sex, national origin, genetics, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The State of Idaho is committed to access and reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities, auxiliary aids and services are available upon request. If you require an accommodation at any step in our recruitment process, you are encouraged to contact (208) 334-2263 (TTY/TTD: 711), or email [email protected].
Preference may be given to veterans who qualify under state and federal laws and regulations.
How to apply
To apply, visit
Apply for this Job