Are you an innovative, positive, and progressive leader with excellent communication skills? If so, we are looking for you to cultivate and grow our Nursing program in KS! This role will be based out of our Overland Park campus with oversight and travel to our Topekalocation.
Internal application materials may be found on the UltiPro HR Portal via the Myself>My Company>My Company>Internal Application Materials section.
The Dean of Nursing promotes and supports the vision and mission of Rasmussen College by providing strategic vision and operational leadership to all aspects of the School of Nursing programs. The Dean of Nursing is accountable for developing an active teaching/learning community among students and faculty and will work collaboratively with the campus and School of Nursing leadership to assure high quality instruction in a safe and engaging learning environment.
- Recruit, supervise, develop, and direct a professional staff, including full-time and adjunct faculty, to ensure curricula are current and consistently delivered in an environment and manner conducive to learning in accordance with College and School of Nursing objectives.
- Responsible for planning, budgeting, scheduling, personnel matters, curriculum, instruction, development, student arbitration, and other academic matters.
- Responsible for assuring the students are provided support services required to maintain the highest levels of student achievement and retention without compromising the integrity of the educational process.
- Act as a visible ambassador for the College, who actively promotes collaboration with an array of campus and community partners.
- Demonstrate a commitment to Rasmussen College’s mission, vision, and values in daily activities as well as supporting an environment of understanding, acceptance, and appreciation for diversity is the responsibility of each and every employee in our organization.
- Establish and maintain clinical sites; assesses clinical site satisfaction and addresses opportunities for improvement.
- Establish and maintain advisory boards composed of clinical partners and other community leaders.
- Encourage academic scholarship via papers, poster presentations, articles, etc.
- Assists in the development (courses are developed by faculty and reviewed and approved. Develops and maintains course materials, including course syllabi, text books, and examinations.
- Teaches courses, individual classes or seminars as qualifications permit.
- Advise and counsel students in the nursing program; facilitate communication and maintain satisfactory relationships between students and faculty members.
- Ensure the nursing program operations are conducted in compliance with applicable state, federal, and local laws, regulations and ordinances and within standards of accreditation.
The Dean of Nursing reports to a Regional Dean of Nursing. The Regional Dean of Nursing reports to the Senior Dean of Nursing.
- Doctoral degree a plus, Master’s degree in nursing, MSN/MAN from an accredited institution required.
- Active RN license that has never been encumbered.
- A minimum of 2 years previous full-time teaching experience in a nursing program within the last 5 years.
- 3-5 years Leadership/Management experience in an academic or clinical setting required, curriculum development and/or accreditation experience a plus.
- 2-5 years full time or equivalent direct care experience as a practicing nurse.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work with others in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal, team building and both written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Outlook).
- Ability to establish and maintain open lines of communication with faculty, students, and campus personnel to ensure effective decision making and interaction.
- Self-motivated, flexible, patient, goal-oriented, and enjoy working in a fast paced dynamic environment.
Rasmussen College is a regionally accredited private college that is dedicated to changing lives and the communities it serves through high-demand and flexible educational programs. Since 1900, the College has been committed to academic innovation and providing the highest standard of education while empowering students to pursue a college degree. Rasmussen College offers certificate and diploma programs through associate’s, bachelor’s and master’s degree programs online and across its 23 Midwest and Florida campuses. A pioneer in online education, the College is helping lead advancements in innovations such as competency-based education and comprehensive student support services that help working adults advance their careers. The College is also committed to providing a positive impact on society through public service and a variety of community-based initiatives. For more information about Rasmussen College, please visit rasmussen.edu.
At Rasmussen, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed supporting and encouraging diversity in the workplace. We welcome our employee’s differences regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, gender identity, disability or veteran status.
How to apply
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)