CBU is committed to creating and maintaining a rigorous and enriching learning experience for our students by providing them the best instruction and support by a superior faculty and staff. CBU encourages opportunities to celebrate diversity in an environment that prepares our students to be global citizens. CBU is an attractive and safe campus environment, and it is quite possibly one of the friendliest campuses anywhere.
If you would like to contribute to these hallmarks of a CBU education, please consider applying for our faculty or staff vacancies through these current employment opportunities.
Reporting to the Vice President for Student Development and Campus Life, the Dean of Students serves as chief administrator of all aspects of the Christian Brothers University student judicial system by implementing an effective program that concentrates on the holistic development of students.
- Develop and facilitate all aspects of the University student disciplinary system.
- Ensures the effective administration of the Office of Student Conduct through the selection, training, and supervision of staff, annual goal setting and outcomes assessment, maintenance of accurate and complete conduct records in compliance with the records retention policy, and effective communication of Office of Student Conduct policies, procedures, and services through the delivery of print and online materials.
- Ensures that student conduct hearings are effectively administered by supervising the preparation of all notifications and documentation, scheduling conduct meetings and hearings, notifying all participants, and reviewing all physical and/or documentary evidence submitted to hearing boards.
- Supervision and training of staff involved with judicial process and Title IX related to student behavior.
- Develop and facilitate all aspects of the Greek Life Hearing Board structure.
- Create and revise university polices relating to Student Code of Conduct based on emerging issues and regulations concerning student conduct.
- Conducts an annual review of the Code of Conduct and student conduct processes and recommends appropriate revisions and provides statistical reports and summaries for various departments and agencies regarding caseloads, types of conduct cases, and outcomes.
- Serve as Deputy Title IX Coordinator for matters involving students, including training, education, communications, and investigation of complaints against CBU students for sexual harassment, sex discrimination or sexual assault.
- Develop mandatory student training and compliance modules (i.e. Title IX, Safety, Bystander Intervention, etc.).
- Develops mandatory compliance related training for the Division of Student Development and Campus Life.
- Refer cases to formal hearings where necessary and coordinate all details.
- Develop and/or facilitate educational classes for students who violate the Student Code of Conduct.
- Develop an on-line conduct tracking system and a database of template forms, notifications, and letters.
- Establish and facilitate an assessment process for all departments within the Division to ensure continuing quality, innovation, and student engagement by students.
- Complete student references, disciplinary evaluations and certification for agencies requesting student conduct information in accordance with FERPA.
- Advise the Student Government Association.
- Serve on college committees as requested by the Vice President for Student Development and Campus Life.
- Coordinate and draft all departmental and divisional reports.
- Coordinate strategic plan, goal development and updates for the Division of Student Development and Campus Life.
- Maintains working relationship with local authorities and businesses regarding off-campus student behavior issues.
- Work closely with the Director of Campus Police and Safety to update the Crisis Management Plan, execute tabletop exercises within the Division of Student Development and Campus Life.
- Facilitate staff development opportunities for the Division of Student Development and Campus Life.
- Attend required programs, events and/or meetings on behalf of the Vice President for Student Development and Campus Life.
- Participates in on-duty rotation responsibilities as a University administrator.
- Assists with the day-to-day operations of the Division of Student Development and Campus Life as needed.
- Work with the Director of Marketing and Communication to coordinate the development of student services publications and promotions.
- Serves as a resource on complex legal issues evolving in higher education and serves as a student conduct consultant, clarifying procedures and options available to faculty, staff, students, and student hearing boards in response to student behaviors.
- Assist the Vice President for Student Development and Campus Life in providing appropriate and coordinated responses from the University to personal and campus emergencies involving students.
- Ensures compliance with FERPA for all student conduct records contained in the Office of Student Development and Campus Life by supervising the maintenance, security, and proper disclosure of such records.
- Facilitates training of Residence Life staff members in the areas of student conduct.
- Provides educational outreach programs to the University campus regarding conflict resolution, the student conduct code and conduct process.
- Facilitates a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
- The Dean of Students will assume leadership for departments within the division and support other offices at the request/in the absence of the Vice President for Student Development and Campus Life.
- Other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Student Development and Campus Life.
- Master’s Degree in higher education administration, college student personnel, or other related field.
- Minimum of five years progressive leadership experience in Student Affairs, including rising levels of responsibility within the field.
- Significant knowledge and experience in student conduct and Title IX.
- Experience in working in a residential liberal arts setting.
- Experience working with diverse and underrepresented student populations.
- Proficient in assessment processes.
- Demonstrated understanding of and experience with reporting requirements, best practices and trends in student affairs, judicial affairs, outreach and crisis response including behavioral intervention teams.
- Experience working with a Greek community.
- Experience in social media strategy.
Christian Brothers University is a Catholic university in the student-centered tradition of the De La Salle Christian Brothers. CBU fosters academic excellence in a range of programs to prepare students from all faiths and backgrounds for careers and lives informed by the Lasallian values of faith, service, and community.
Christian Brothers University offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment, regardless of sex, age, race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin or disability.
How to apply
Please complete the online application and provide a cover letter, resume/CV, and the names and contact information for three references with your application.