Peoplesoft ID: 406
Formal Review of applications begins: Aug 31, 2021
Key Position Information:
- Terminal Degree (MFA or Ph.D.) in Graphic Design, Video, Digital Media, New Media, or other appropriate fields;
- Established academic or professional career with promise of development, and nationally or internationally recognized research and/or creative scholarship;
- College-level teaching experience;
- A strong portfolio with examples provided and/or website;
- Examples of student works;
- Expertise in NLE video editing software such as The Adobe Creative Suite; Premiere Pro, Avid, and experience with other Adobe Creative Cloud software (After Effects, Photoshop, Audition, etc.);
- Ability to contribute to the diversity and excellence of the learning experience through College service, teaching, and public engagement.
- Full time college-level teaching experience;
- Expertise in Graphic Design print media, design for electronic media (including web design), and Adobe Creative Suite;
- Experience with 2D and 3D motion graphics;
- Experience with community outreach and recruiting activities;
- Experience in the graphic design field as a working professional;
- Experience with digital art in various media and as a form of artistic expression;
- Demonstrated commitment to an inclusive and rigorous learning environment;
- Strong skills in graphic design, printing, layout, colors, typography, multimedia, and web design;
- Strong skills in UI/UX, prototyping, and interface design using industry-standard tools;
- Ability to create media content for print, web, interactive, and mobile output;
- Expert user of current versions of Adobe Creative Cloud software;
- Knowledge of WordPress, CMS platforms, and related technologies and tools;
- Familiarity with version control, GIT, automation tools, testing, and debugging tools;
- Familiarity with W3C Web standards and effective user-interface design and navigation;
- Strong focus on responsive design, end-user satisfaction, and needs of target audience;
- Strong knowledge of SEO techniques, social media platforms, web security, and e-commerce;
- Excellent communication, problem-solving, and people skills;
- Mastery of current versions of Microsoft Office;
- Expert use of dual platforms: Macintosh/PC.
- Experience teaching in traditional, online, and live online platforms, Brightspace experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience designing curriculum and courses, Quality Matters Certification preferred.
- Teach existing and develop new multidisciplinary undergraduate art courses in creative, code, and web-based media with a focus on contemporary digital media industry practices;
- Work across disciplines in the arts to participate in emerging initiatives at the intersection of art and design, innovation, and technology with a focus emerging web and digital network techniques and technologies;
- Candidate must address the needs of a student population of great diversity-in age, cultural background, ethnicity, primary language, and academic preparation-through inclusive course materials, teaching strategies, and advisement;
- Effectiveness in academic assignment; service to department and college committees; and continuing creative and professional activity are required to achieve continuing contract and promotion.
- Teach five (5) courses each semester Fall & Spring. 15-15-0 contract.
A faculty member at SPC has the primary function of instruction, coaching and student development. Secondary functions include assisting the college in developing and maintaining a quality program of instruction, providing service to the college and continuing professional development.
Master’s degree or applicable college degree in related academic discipline. Doctorate degree preferred.
Teaching experience preferred. Related work experience preferred for technical programs.
- Managerial principles and practices
- Academic program requirements
- Customer service principles
- Presentation principles and practices
- Diverse populations and cultures
- Computers and related software applications
- Experience in online instruction or technology enhanced instruction
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Using a computer and related software applications
- Fosters academic excellence in teaching and learning
- Supports the community college philosophy through commitment to success of students with diverse goals, backgrounds and learning styles
- Instructs students in accordance with college policies, procedures and approved curricula
- Uses out-of-class duty hours effectively for class preparation, assisting students and participating in department/college activities
- Serves the college through any of the following: (a) committee membership, (b) curriculum development, (c) development of innovative instruction, (d) sponsorship of student organizations, (e) representation of the college in professionally related community activities, and (f) special projects
- Supports college extracurricular functions
- Maintains currency in teaching field(s) through professional development and scholarly activities
- Demonstrates a professional, cooperative and considerate attitude toward students, colleagues and staff
- Performs related duties as required
How to apply
Equal Access/Equal Opportunity
The Board of Trustees of St. Petersburg College affirms its equal opportunity policy in accordance with the provisions of the Florida Educational Equity Act and all other relevant state and federal laws, rules and regulations. The college will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, age, national origin, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or against any qualified individual with disabilities in its employment practices or in the admission and treatment of students. Recognizing that sexual harassment constitutes discrimination on the basis of sex and violates this Rule, the college will not tolerate such conduct. Should you experience such behavior, please contact Pamela Smith, the director of EA/EO/Title IX Coordinator at 727-341-3261; by mail at P.O. Box 13489, St. Petersburg, FL 33733-3489; or by email at [email protected].