NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
The Faculty of Industrial Engineering Technology & Science will contribute to advancing the curriculum of Industrial Engineering, delivery, and relevance to industry and high international standards. In addition to teaching, the faculty plays a role in meeting the division research goals and objectives and uses research activities to inform teaching and develop students analytical and problem-solving skills. The candidate will play an active role in curriculum development, assessment, and evaluation. The curriculum is taught within an applied student-centric learning environment that fosters respect for students, their culture, and their traditions. Faculty play an important role in assisting the development and administration of system-wide and directorate-specific policies and are viewed as active participants in academic and extracurricular events at the College and within the community. The HCT offers professional development opportunities to its Faculty in both teaching and their area of expertise.
- Ph.D. in Industrial Engineering or related field from a globally recognized educational institution
- A minimum of 3 years of teaching/training experience in Industrial Engineering within an applied educational environment at a tertiary level required
- At least 3 years of relevant industry experience required
- Prior experience in developing course curriculum as per accreditation and international standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a demonstrated competency to interact with people at all levels of the organization
- Should have up to date knowledge on current industry practices, trends, etc.
Founded in 1988, the Higher Colleges of Technology (HCT) has grown to be the UAE’s largest applied higher educational institution, with approximately 25,000 students attending modern, technology-oriented male and female campuses across seven Emirates in the UAE. HCT employs more than 2,000 staff, from over 80 nationalities of diverse cultures from around the world who share professional practices and innovative ideas thereby enriching the HCT community.
HCT offers a wide range of English-taught programs in the core academic fields of Engineering Technology & Science, Computer Information Science, Applied Media, Business, Education and Health Sciences. These programs are designed in consultation with UAE business and industry leaders to ensure that HCT student skills are job-relevant and up to the highest standards, and to empower students with skills to become technical leaders and entrepreneurs.