Family or Internal Medicine
School of Medicine
Jekyll Island, GA
The Mercer University School of Medicine is seeking a physician to perform full time in a clinical practice at one of the Mercer Medicine rural clinic locations in Jekyll Island, Georgia. Clinical practice and pre-clinical training is through Mercer Medicine. The mission of the school is to train physicians and other healthcare professionals in primary care and service to rural and underserved populations in Georgia.
This position is expected to maintain a financially viable clinical practice at our Mercer Medicine rural clinic in Jekyll Island, GA. This is a 12-month faculty position and will report to the Managing Partner of Mercer Medicine on a clinical basis.
- Hold an M.D. degree and be board certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine, and be licensed to practice medicine in the state of Georgia.
- The candidate must also demonstrate strong experience in working in interdisciplinary healthcare education and clinical settings.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in a health-related clinical area is desirable.
- Experience in both an inpatient and outpatient basis is desirable
- Ability to work well with others in an academic setting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience presenting and communicating medical concepts to clinical and lay audiences
- Familiarity and/or experience with medical settings and culture
- Experience working with stakeholders and communities in rural, medically underserved areas of Georgia
Selection of the final candidate is contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Commensurate with experience
How to apply
CV, Cover Letter, References
Mercer University recognizes the power of a diverse community and encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate:
All faculty and staff, excluding student employees, on-call staff and adjunct faculty teaching online only, are required to have the COVID-19 vaccine or an approved medical or religious exemption by the University. New hires will be required to provide their COVID-19 vaccination card or receive approval for a medical or religious exemption by the University before their first day of employment.