County College of Morris invites applicants for an Assistant Professor or other rank in the Psychology and Education Department within the School of Liberal Arts. The position either has an emphasis on psychology including the ability to teach General Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Community Mental Health, and/or Cross-Cultural Psychology; or has an emphasis on education including the ability to teach Early Childhood Development, Curriculum in Early Childhood Education, Effective Preschool Practices and/or Teaching in America.
The Psychology and Education Department has a commitment to diversity and innovative practices. We are committed to substantially increasing the proportion of our faculty from historically underrepresented groups as we strive to create the most intellectually diverse, inclusive, and equitable institution that we can, and especially encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.
The successful candidate will:
- Teach approximately five courses per semester with the pre-approved course objectives across modalities, including face-to-face, online and hybrid courses.
- Utilizes active learning and student success strategies in the classroom to support student progress towards completion of certificates and AA, AS & AAS degrees.
- Understand and appropriately utilize all instructional technology as available in classrooms.
- Demonstrate a genuine interest, and clear knowledge of inclusion, diversity, equity, and justice issues, as well as a commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, and justice in teaching, scholarly work, and service.
- Collaborate with department chairperson/program coordinator, department members, and the appropriate administrators in developing curricula, preparing and updating course syllabi, course outlines, selection of textbooks, and assessment activities.
- Have a passion for combined commitments to student success through co-curricular initiatives and developing/nurturing engagement with the community.
- Consider the general and unique needs of all students, and when necessary, seeks additional help from and refers students to other college support services.
- Work closely with counselors and administrators to build dual credit enrollment.
Qualifications – Education
A Master’s Degree in Psychology, Education, or a closely related profession is required. Candidates should have a minimum of 18 credits in Psychology and/or Education. Doctoral degree preferred. New Jersey Teacher Certification is a plus. Teaching experience or demonstrated capacity to teach college courses with documentation of a commitment to teaching.
Qualifications – Experience
Background and expertise in one of the following areas: social services, early childhood or elementary education, school or educational psychology, school social work, or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience. Experience in online teaching and/or willingness to participate in training is preferred.
Qualifications – Skills
The ability to teach college courses at a rigorous level with the skills to adapt to the needs of high school students earning college credit will be highly valued.
Posting Number: F090P
Number of Vacancies: 1
As a New Jersey First Act employer, employment appointments require establishment of a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption is obtained. County College of Morris is committed to excellence through diversity, and as such, we encourage applications from all people including members of ethnic/racial minorities, from veterans and from people with disabilities. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, County College of Morris 214 Center Grove R., Randolph, NJ 07869. Title IX, Section 504 and Americans with Disabilities Act Compliance; County College of Morris does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, veteran or disability, in its employment practices or educational programs. Inquiries regarding compliance with federal or state antidiscrimination laws may be directed to the Affirmative Action Officer, Vivyen J. Ray, (973) 328-5037.
How to apply
Quick Link for Posting: https://jobs.ccm.edu/postings/1130
If you apply for this position or indicate an interest advise the HR person you saw this advertisements on jobs.world.edu