NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Become an IB Examiner for Mathematics
As part of assessment processes, the IB works with educators in a variety of different roles. We are always looking to recruit new, skilled examiners and senior examiners as the IB continues to grow.
IB Examiners mark or moderate students’ work, they have access to training and prescribed, well-defined criteria and mark schemes. Marking and moderating takes place via our online system.
As an examiner you will play an important role in maintaining the quality of assessment for which the IB is known worldwide. This experience will enable you to:
- Enhance your professional development
- Expand your subject knowledge
- Earn extra income working from the convenience of your home
Founded in 1968, the International Baccalaureate® (IB) is a non-profit educational foundation offering four highly respected programmes of international education that develop the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills needed to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalizing world.
We strive to develop students who will build a better world through intercultural understanding and respect.
It is a requirement of the Diploma Programme (DP) that students study at least one course in mathematics. There are four courses available; Mathematics: analysis and approaches (in standard and higher level) and Mathematics: applications and interpretation (in standard and higher level). All DP mathematics courses serve to accommodate the range of needs, interests and abilities of students, and to fulfil the requirements of various university and career aspirations.
Applicants must have:
- a degree or equivalent in the subject (or a related subject) for which they are applying,
- a minimum of one year’s experience teaching the subject (or a related subject) to students in an appropriate age range:
- 16 to 19 years of age – DP
- applicants who are no longer teaching must have taught or examined within the last three years
- access to the internet, via a broadband (or faster) connection, in an environment that is suitable for marking confidential assessment material
- ability to work in Spanish and English.
IB teaching experience is not essential.
How to apply
For more information and to apply, please visit our website: http://www.ibo.org/examiners