New Brunswick, NJ
Staff & Executive – Education and Training
The School of Arts and Sciences (SAS) at Rutgers University is the largest academic unit of the University and is comprised of 41 academic departments spanning humanities, social, physical and life sciences and over 100 different majors, plus programs, centers, bureaus and institutes. SAS has a membership of over 2,000 permanent and temporary faculty (instructional and research), teaching and graduate assistants, part-time lecturers, and post-doctoral appointees, and over 500 administrative staff.
Arts and Sciences delivers a wide array of services in support of the teaching, research, and service missions of the School. We are committed to providing academic departments, programs, and centers in the School of Arts and Sciences with reliable and trusted service, clear policies and procedures, innovative technologies, and a commitment to administrative excellence and efficiency.
Rutgers,The State University of New Jersey, is seeking an Instructional Design and Technology Specialist for SAS – Dean’s Office. The Instructional Technology Specialist reports to the School of Arts and Sciences Director of Teaching, Learning, and Assessment and collaborates with faculty, program directors, and administrators to enhance undergraduate curriculum and instruction through the use of instructional technology.
Among the key duties of this position are the following:
- Supports faculty and program directors in the pedagogically appropriate use of existing and innovative technologies and provides support to the various pedagogical innovation programs in the School of Arts and Sciences.
- Supports faculty and instructors in the transition to and use of new and existing university instructional technology systems.
- Develops new materials for faculty development, student recruitment, and the Career Explorations Initiative.
Position Status: Full Time
Annual Minimum Salary: 77069.000
Annual Mid Range Salary: 97492.000
Annual Maximum Salary: 117913.000
Standard Hours: 37.50
Union Description: Admin Assembly (MPSC)
Payroll Designation: PeopleSoft
Information about the benefits provided to Rutgers employees can be found at: http://uhr.rutgers.edu/benefits/benefits-overview
Terms of Appointment: Staff – 12 month
Position Pension Eligibility: ABP
Minimum Education and Experience
- Requires a master’s degree in instructional design, curriculum/instructional development, instructional technology, or a related field.
- Also requires a minimum of three years of experience in instructional design or related functions within higher education.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Requires in-depth knowledge of learning and instructional theories, practices, and their applications; assessment techniques; and emerging technologies.
- Must have the ability to facilitate and present instructional materials; assess technology and software programs and identify advantages and limitations of using various technologies for instructional purposes; effectively demonstrate instructional applications of technologies; effectively communicate technical information to a nontechnical audience; and establish cooperative working relationships.
- Requires excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills and the ability to work with faculty and staff with diverse backgrounds and perspectives on the use of technology in a variety of learning environments.
- Demonstrated thorough knowledge of and experience/skill in use of modern learning management systems and platforms (Sakai, Canvas, EdX Platform, Moodle, and others).
- Strong Canvas experience
- Experience teaching at the college level
- Demonstrated experience and thorough knowledge in creating media based learning content (video, animations, images, interactives).
- Strong working knowledge of video, interactive video, multimedia, and course authoring software including Photoshop, Presenter, Articulate, Captivate, Audacity, Camtasia, Kaltura, etc.
- Demonstrated experience/skill working with using web conferencing, screen-casting, and/or other multimedia applications.
- Hardware and software relevant to instructional technologies, including video production equipment and software.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to climb stairs
- Regular travel to all RU-NB campuses
- Ability to lift 50 lbs