LOCATION: W.A. Lettinga Campus – Grand Rapids, Michigan*
***Remote schedule possible***
TARGET PAY: $54,000 – $56,000
The Instructional Designer will partner with the Faculty to create engaging courses that are designed to be interactive within the Global Campus. This person will work with Faculty to ensure students are provided clear directions and guidelines for course requirements as well as consult with faculty for methods to assess student mastery of outcomes appropriately. As an Instructional Designer, this person will lead the implementation of engaging and interactive online learning based in Adult Learning Theory.
- Manage course development projects from planning to implementation in accordance with instructional design principles including Quality Matters (QM). Develop and manage course development workflow and status in accordance with tight deadlines.
- Provide one-on-one consulting sessions with Faculty through video conferencing, email, collaborative documents, and face to face interactions.
- This position applies project management skills as it leads in the design, redesign, development and delivery of distance-learning courses; identifies problems and recommends solutions utilizing QM design principles, and Adult Learning Theory.
- Understand and adhere to a student-centered philosophy of learning where the student learning experience is the focal point of the online educational delivery.
You will love this job if you are:
- A collaborator and contributor to team goals, willing to support others on the team to ensure progress toward our common objectives.
- Someone who thrives in a fast-paced culture. Despite a busy task list, you’re organized and productive.
- Able to work within the Blackboard Learning Management System to create courses and update existing courses for the delivery of quality instruction to learners. This will include troubleshooting issues, working with specific tools, and other educational tools.
Awesome if You Have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication and collaborative work style.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in education, instructional design, educational technology, and or other related fields.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in instructional design applying online instructional design principles, practices, and techniques to online learning design and development.
- Has at least a cursory knowledge of Adult Learning Theory.
Extra Awesome If You Have:
- A Master’s degree (preferably in education, instructional design, educational technology, and or other related fields.
Our culture, benefits and perks Empower U with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer free or reduced tuition for staff, spouses and dependents. Nationally recognized internal training and leadership programs, and career development. Is your program not available at DU? Ask about Tuition Assistance.
- A caring culture DU values work-life balance and offers generous and flexible paid time off, 403(b) with an employer contribution plus the opportunity for an additional employer match with an employee contribution, paid volunteer time off, relocation benefits and more
- A Healthier U. Wellness program, free use of Athletic Facilities, Employee Discounts, and access to Employee Assistance Program (EAP.)
Diversity and Inclusion:
At Davenport, we believe that engaging diversity, equity and inclusion is essential to achieving educational and institutional excellence. We invite you to join us as we band together to create an environment of equity and inclusivity that leverages diverse life experiences, ideas, backgrounds and perspectives. We respect diversity and are committed to fostering an environment of support, inclusiveness and learning, both in the workplace and throughout the application process. With that in mind, we welcome applications from candidates of all backgrounds, including people of color, people with disabilities, Veterans and the LGBTQ + community. We recognize that not all job seekers have all the preferred qualifications listed in the job ad, but we strongly recommend that you apply if you meet most of the criteria.
About Davenport University:
At Davenport University, we know what it takes to be successful. With over 155 years of providing quality education under our belts, thousands of Davenport graduates are making an impact on the world with the knowledge and skills they learned here. Our team of faculty and staff collaborate to make this possible. Joining DU means growing and advancing your own career, while making a lasting impact on our students, colleagues and the communities in which we serve.
Would you like to be part of our success? It all starts here!
EEO-Davenport University is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of a person(s) national origin, race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, transgender identity, veteran or military status, marital status, height, weight, genetic information, and any other category or classification protected by law.
Link to full job description CLICK HERE
How to apply
To apply, visit
Apply for this Job